Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Problems w/ ICE Link..

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:13 AM
amarzano
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems w/ ICE Link..

I'm running into a problem w/ my 2006 MCS Convert w/ HK connected to the Dension IPOD interface via the CD cable in the trunk. It's been great for almost a few years now, but lately has developed the following symptoms..

- Head unit stopped displaying the text from the IPOD (ie song/Artist). (It will display information for the Radio.)

> I have tried pressing the "6" key (displays CD Check) and the "1" key (displays TR01). But still no text. I did unplug both the cable to the IPOD and the cable from the Trunk to the box under the seat in hopes that would reset the unit - which it did - breifly. Still will play songs - just have to read the IPOD

- Skip buttons on the steering wheel and radio will not change the track on the IPOD. Still will play songs - just have to skip using the IPOD

> Tried reseting as discribed above..

Any suggestions? It's been a great unit but it's a bit of a drag not being able to change tracks and to a lesser degree the text information..

Is it the unit or my H/U that is losing it's mind? :-)

Thank you,

Alex

Old 11-05-2007, 06:22 PM
tom @ eas
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amarzano
I'm running into a problem w/ my 2006 MCS Convert w/ HK connected to the Dension IPOD interface via the CD cable in the trunk. It's been great for almost a few years now, but lately has developed the following symptoms..

- Head unit stopped displaying the text from the IPOD (ie song/Artist). (It will display information for the Radio.)

> I have tried pressing the "6" key (displays CD Check) and the "1" key (displays TR01). But still no text. I did unplug both the cable to the IPOD and the cable from the Trunk to the box under the seat in hopes that would reset the unit - which it did - breifly. Still will play songs - just have to read the IPOD

- Skip buttons on the steering wheel and radio will not change the track on the IPOD. Still will play songs - just have to skip using the IPOD

> Tried reseting as discribed above..

Any suggestions? It's been a great unit but it's a bit of a drag not being able to change tracks and to a lesser degree the text information..

Is it the unit or my H/U that is losing it's mind? :-)

Thank you,

Alex
Likely, it is a button sequence that was pressed to disable the text. Send me a quick email with a copy of your post and I can include a config file to get you started again.