Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio MCS w/ convenience package - bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:05 AM
chloesmvlle
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCS w/ convenience package - bluetooth?

I've searched this forum, and read each of the posts about bluetooth, but I'm still confused Tried calling my sales rep, and hell if he ever answers my calls. Don't the dealers love to take your money and run.

I got the MCS '07 w/ the convenience package. Does it come with bluetooth or not? I thought it did, but my Motorola Razr3 phone does not pick up anything. So I'm guess no?

Some guy from BMW said that it might have to be turned on by the dealer. Is that true or not?

Can someone explain the steps that's needed to get bluetooth in my car, and is it worth it? Do I need a NAV system screen or does it work with the interface for the radio/CD/AUX? Yes, I do have the latest software on my Motorola cell phone.

Thanks a bunch!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 AM
maximusGeek
3rd Gear
Yes, it comes with BlueTooth. You have to set the MINI to "Discoverable" and set your phone the same way to pair them. I set up my old Razr, no problem. I don't have the NAV

Old 09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
chloesmvlle
Neutral
Thanks for the reply

Pardon my ignorance but how do I get set my MINI to discovery mode? I know how to do it with my Razr cell phone. With the engine on, I kept hitting the R/T and phone buttons on the steering wheel, but I don't hear anything. I've checked my manuals, and I don't see any booklet on how to pair the MINI w/ your phone.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:11 AM
MiniCooperated
Neutral
I have looked through countless threads on here and searched greatly to find out how to work the BlueTooth on the car as I have read it could work with the Incompatible Samsung A-900M as do the BMW kits although the coopers appears to be dumb down. But does anyone have steps to set this up?