Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club The Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club forum.

Fall Fun Run Picnic & Supper

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fall Fun Run Picnic & Supper

Thanks to all for the response so far. This year we will hold it on Saturday October 13th, 2012.

September 19th 2009 MINI Run

There is also a threaded discussion on Middle Tennessee Minis Facebook page.

The above link is the itinerary for the drive I did last for the last couple years. We will meet up at in the parking lot Of Moe's Southwest Grill on Thompson Lane in Murfreesboro.

To make things a bit easier for our friends up in the Nashville area, I'm open to suggestions for a meeting place that will be convenient for you all.

Departure time will depend on where we decide to meet up at, but should be meeting up around 10:00 and leave at 10:30 if we leave from Moe's.

This will pretty much an all day drive. I’ll be reserving a picnic shelter at Fall Creek Falls for lunch. It has electrical outlets and a charcoal grill for those that want to cookout. I would suggest that you lunch a light meal because you want to have room for supper. We'll probably cut out any of the hiking like we did in the past, unless any of you all would prefer to do it. If you never been to the Falls there are some really nice sights to see there.

The roads we take from Fall Creek Falls to Rock Island State Park mostly back roads that are less traveled but are full of twists and turn over hills and dales (What ever dales are??) While we're in the Rock Island area we can take a short break to stretch our legs and take a bathroom break if needed. Planned as we did last year just before we go to supper we'll do a short hike to Twin Falls part of the park. From there we will motor on to the Timberloft Restaurant in Manchester.

Let me know what you think of the route I got planned and what meeting place would best for you all.

I'll be posting more details as we get closer to our date.

Last edited by HalAC; 07-30-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added date.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:12 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Here's a couple of links to maps for the first two legs of our run.

Murfreesboro to Fall Creek Fall state park

Fall Creek Falls to Rock Island state park

I'm working on a new route from Rock Island to the Timberloft that is almost all back roads. I'll have to do a check run first before I post that leg here.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
If there is anybody that is interested in attending this event AND you are not on Facebook, PLEASE post here with your name and how many will be attending with you. I need numbers on how many are attending so I can give the restaurant a heads up on how many to expect.

Thanks in advance.