NAM Alliance Membership Info and Support Learn more about the Alliance membership program and its benefits. Already a member and need help? Get support here!

Alliance Membershp FAQs

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alliance Membershp FAQs

The following is a list of frequently asked questions that will hopefully address most of the common questions regarding the NAM Alliance membership program:

Q: Where can I get an overview on what features and benefits are included in the program?
A:
Click here for an overview of the membership benefits.

Q: How long is the membership for?
A: Each membership is for one year from the day you join. For example if you join March 1, 2008 your membership will be through February 28, 2009.

Q: What is the cost of a membership?
A: Each membership is $40.00 per year. From whenever you join you'll have a year of membership. Note: if paying via Paypal this will creating a recurring subscription that is automatically paid on an annual basis. If you wish to cancel please see the FAQ below.

Q: How do I join?
A: Click here to join as a member. You can also click on the Paid Subscriptions menu item in User CP (User Control Panel).

Q: For each year I renew will there be a new grille badge?
A: Yes. We'll be producing a new grille badge each year. When you renew we'll send out the new badge to the billing address you use when making payment.

Q: How often will the online magazine be published?
A: It will be published six times per year. If the membership program is successful we may increase the number of issues per year.

Q: I'm not a member. Can I still get the magazine?
A: The first two issues we release will be freely downloadable to all members of the site. After that we'll provide an overview of the current issue but you'll need to be a member to download it.

Q: How can I provide feedback or suggestions about the magazine or membership program?
We have forums set up for this. Use the NAM Alliance Magazine Feedback and Ideas forum for magazine-related questions, feedback, or ideas. For membership-related questions, support, or suggestions use the NAM Alliance Membership Info and Support forum.

Q: Can I contribute to the magazine?
A: Yes. Since the magazine is for and by MINI/Mini owners and enthusiasts we want the magazine to reflect the interests of the community. If you are a photographer, writing, technical guru, or vendor we would like to get you involved. To contact the editor about contributing in some what Contact Us, select the "Alliance Magazine Contributor" option, enter the information requested and we'll follow up with you.

Q: What else are you going to include in the program in the future?
A: To a large degree we're looking to Alliance members to let us know what would be of interest. That said we do have several services in the planning stages that will hopefully deliver benefits from select vendors on the site, provide integration with clubs around the world, etc. If you have some suggestions please take a second to post your idea to the NAM Alliance Membership Info and Support forum.

Q: If I'm an Alliance member do I get to disregard the site guidelines?
A: Member or not the same site guidelines apply. We want to insure that NAM remains a friendly and civil place to interact with others. If you are an Alliance member and repeatedly break the site guidelines your access to the site will be removed and no refund of your membership will be provided.

Q: Are there any restrictions on custom titles I can use?
A: As long as its clean and within the site guidelines you can enter pretty much whatever you would like. The only things that aren't allowed are reserved titles like Administrator, Moderator, Coordinator, or Founder which we manage.

Q: Will I have to pay to get the same access I've had to date?
A: No. You will still have access to the site and its content like you always have at no cost. That said, after the first two issues of the online magazine, you'll have to be a member to receive it. Also, you'll be missing out on more private messaging and gallery space, custom avatars, the NAM Garage, and other things we have planned.

Q: I paid with Paypal and it created a recurring subscription payment. How do I cancel this if I don't wish to renew?
A: Access your Paypal account and locate the payment to NAM in your history list. Click on Details for this transaction. Scroll down the page and look for the Cancel Subscription button. Click on this to cancel the recurring subscription (you will however have a subscription for a year from your start date).

If you have problems locating the above button just click on Contact Us in the main menu block, select the Alliance Membership Support option, and submit a request to cancel your subscription. We'll cancel it with Paypal and you should automatically receive a confirmation of that cancellation from Paypal.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Features for Alliance Members

New items added to the NAM Alliance Membership Program

The following new features have been added to the the NAM Alliance Program.

When using the Marketplace Alliance Members enjoys these features.

- Unlimited Posting - Create as many ads as you need, there is no limit, non-members limited to 5 active at any one time.

- Make your listings stand out, Alliance Members may add Bold text or Highlight listings to make them pop.

- Free Services Listings, we created a place where you can advertise your services, from Accounting to Zoologist and everything in between, you can list them at no charge for 30 days at a time. Non-Members pay $5.00 for 30 days.