MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2003 Black on Black MCS, Artoo, For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Rich.Wolfson
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 Black on Black MCS, Artoo, For Sale

Year: 2003
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $0
Mileage: 175000
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast

I am settling in to driving my new M235i and Artoo simply has to go.

It has all the good parts with a new head and supercharger only a few years old and in GREAT shape. Polyflex all around, Koni FSDs (lifetime warranty), rear sway bar, JCW strut brace and exhaust. All hoses are silicone and the fan is new, euro shelf and aspherical right side mirror. I have an aftermarket bluetooth kit built in with a dash mount with charger for an iPhone 5se. And a Garmin GPS mounted on the dash that connect to the OBC and shows engine stats as well as nav routes. The PS pump is relatively new too. When I got it in October 2002 it had every option available and has been absolutely reliable as my daily driver for the last 15 years and there are all sorts of other things that I don't remember right now like Ian's window board and rear brake flasher.

I have all sorts of parts including new calipers, braided brake lines, new rotors and Hawk HPS pads. A compact spare tire in a bag, a new belt and belt tool as well. I have two new OEM O2 sensors and an Alta street header and cat around here somewhere. And every quart of oil, every cabin air filter and every fix and install is documented in a log book that will go with the car. And 2 or three different repair manuals as well.

Now the bad. It burns oil. It always used more oil than I thought appropriate (yes I broke it in by the book) but MINI always said a quart every 1000 is normal. Now it's close to a quart every 300 miles and that is the reason I am not selling it locally for some kid to enjoy. The drivers seat is worn badly and there is rust under both real lights. Other than that, there is nothing wrong. It doesn't overheat and still runs and pulls strong.

Artoo would be either a great driver for someone who wants to do the lower end or a perfect autocross platform as you can run it the way it sits right now, (the wheels are worn but straight and it has plenty of good rubber). Did I mention the fixed camber plates?

Anyway, I want this to go somewhere and to someone who would appreciate it and would be happy to make a great deal. If you are interested in something reasonable (I am NOT going to give it away) send me a PM and we can talk. I am in Northern NJ but cars are not that expensive to ship anymore. And no matter where you live, as long as you have some quarts of oil, you'll get it home no problem. Did I mention that the transmission shifts smooth, always did and the clutch is also good although not anything close to new as it was changed at around 40,000 when I had to deal with a squeal from the dual mass flywheel. And clearly I can get a bunch if I parted it out, but frankly, I simply don't have the time or energy for that anymore.

Again, If you are looking for a race platform this is perfect. And if you want something with all sorts of spares and are willing to do a lower end, you'll have an R53 that is a joy to drive every day. Otherwise why would I have kept it for 15 years.

///Rich

PS-Did I mention the new injectors when I did the head?

Old 07-31-2017, 09:51 AM
Rich.Wolfson
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 MCS Partout

OK, I'll consider parting it out but frankly if someone wants to take it away, you'll have a great platform for an autocross racer. I'll even throw in the Schroth quick fit belts which are $250 alone.

I am in Northern New Jersey and there are 4 newish Continentals Extreme Contacts, a JCW strut bar, JCW Stainless exhaust and tips, fixed camber plates, newish supercharger (bought from Way), new head (Sneed) and injectors, center console, Ian's auto up module, and things I can't remember.

If you are interested at all, let me know. I am willing to let it go cheap.

Or if you are interested in any of the big parts, let me know that too although I really don't want to ship the exhaust or wheels and tires.

And when I get rid of the carcass, I will be posting a bunch of parts that I simply had "in case" or didn't have time to install.

Artoo is still a fun car to drive but I can't sell it to a kid as the oil burning issue is not something that I would be comfortable giving to someone who doesn't know these cars. But if someone wants to do rings (the valve seals are new) then this is a great platform. It's even wired for the V1.

Let me know.

///Rich