Helix R53 for sale (PA)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Helix R53 for sale (PA)

Sadly it's time to move on to bigger and better projects, so I am reluctantly putting my 2002 MCS up for sale. I have listed it on Ebay here:

Here's the text and list of modifications. Please, please call me if you have any questions about the car:

Here is my trusty MINI Cooper S which has served Helix Motorsports well, and now exists as (in our opinion) the perfect pocket performance car. There are no unnecessary doo dads on the car that don't make power, and it is simple and tested as a daily driver. The car operates normally, with a quiet exhaust (your neighbors will not hate you). It is lighter and way more powerful than a JCW GP car at half the price. If you are an enthusiast that is looking for the perfect dual-purpose car: drive to work during the week, and the occasional track day or autocross on the weekends, this is the car.
This MINI is free of rust and has one ding that you'll never find: it's under one of the rear lenses: almost invisible. The paint is original except for a section that had to be feathered in because of a boneheaded garage incident: the dented rear quarter was professionally replaced not repaired. The nose has the typical MINI paint chips--nothing crazy. The car looks very good from any angle: see the pics. All of the Helix logos are vinyl and can be removed by hand. Needless to say, this car has been meticulously maintained, with oil changes at about twice the factory recommended intervals, complete coolant flush, complete brake fluid flush, complete power steering fluid flush. The brake rotors and pads have fewer than 1000 miles on them. The Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 wheels and Falken Azenis tires have well fewer than 1000 miles on them. The car has a 2005 Steering wheel and Airbag.
Here is a list of the major performance modifications that it has:
-Helix cold air intake: cleanable lifetime filter in great condition
-RMW Custom engine tuning file
-380cc fuel injectors
-Helix 17% Supercharger pulley: stainless steel
-RMW "Jesus" cylinder head. This is the one that everyone talks about. It is CNC machined with custom valves, springs, modified guides, with extensive, jeweler's port work. The head has fewer than 2000 miles on it. Please call for more information.
-JCW GP intercooler: the best intercooler available for these cars. It's simple, efficient, and has the best recovery rate.
-RMW custom header: Also the industry standard. extremely long primaries with a 4-1 collector TiG welded inside and out to the highest standards
-Custom made cat back exhaust, using Borla componenents. It's light and quiet
-Helix short shift kit
-Brand new Cross coilover suspension, with built-in camber plates. Again, the industry standard. The suspension has fewer than 250 miles on it.
-Helix rear control arms: stronger and lighter than stock with the most adjustability
-Helix front strut brace
-Helix custom face gauges. We will also include the stock face gauges
-Sparco Milano alcantara seats. I think that these are the nicest, most comfortable seats available. We have made two repairs to wear in the side bolsters.
-Schroth 4 pt harnesses for both passenger and driver. Stock belts are of course still there.
-Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 wheels in matte black. Basically new. Maybe 500 miles on them.
-Falken Azenis Tires: new, maybe 500 miles on them.
-R56 Brakes. These are the same as the JCW brakes. Calipers painted black.
-2005 Steering Wheel with airbag
-Carbon fiber front lower splitter. It has a few dings but still looks good
-Helix stubby antenna
-Factory aero grill
-Grill Craft lower grill
-Factory clear tail lenses
-Ian Cull auto window up feature (so you don't have to hold the button to raise the window), and DSC off switch (call with questions)
I'm sure there's more that I am forgetting but please, please call with any questions about this MINI. It breaks my heart to let it go, but new projects beckon...
I have all of the stock parts for this car, as well, including leather front seats, complete suspension, interior, wheels with runflats, etc. If you are interested in those parts after you triumphantly win this auction, we can come to an amicable deal for whatever of that stuff you want. Otherwise it'll go on ebay. If you have any questions, please contact us hat Helix at 215 739 8800, and if you are in the area, please come and look at the car.
We require a $1000 deposit within 5 days of auction end, so don't even think about bidding unless you are dead serious about buying this car.

And yes, there's a H-Sport Competition sway bar in there that I forgot adding in the auction

Last edited by gnatster; 07-01-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Ebay link removed. Auction Over
Old 06-29-2008, 09:28 AM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump for A GREAT CAR.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:25 PM
NA&CH
1st Gear
How much are you asking? I am watching it on Ebay. Beautiful car. Love that color

Chris

Old 06-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Jahmills
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That car is incredible, I'm trying to figure out how much I can get for mine minus what I still owe.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Gooche
1st Gear
FYI there is some douchebag in FLINT , MI 48507 using your description and pics trying to sell a MINI.

I seriously doubt you would sell the car for $4850. LOL but if it is you... I'd take it!!!!

Chris