MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

Webb Motorsports MINI5280 Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:19 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Webb Motorsports MINI5280 Meeting

Tuesday we will be again hosting the MINI5280 meeting here at the shop. For those of you in the area, it will be at 7:00pm, and you don't have to be a member to stop by and check it out (but after attending you will want to be one)!

As a bonus, we will be doing a supercharger pulley install at the meeting and going over all of the technical aspects of the Cooper S motor.

Hope to see you there!

Randy

Directions:

From C-470, take the Sante Fe exit
Go south on Sante Fe
Go under the railroad bridge about a half mile from C-470
Make the first right after the bridge just past the MINI storage facility
You are now on Norwood Drive
Go to the end of the road (about a block) and we are on the right side entrance
Look for the race trailer - 3911 Norwood Drive, Littleton, CO 80125

Old 09-13-2005, 10:55 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Randy,

I wanted to thank you & the team for taking the time to educate us n00bs in the ways of the MINI S airflow system, supercharger, & engine. I learned allot!

You can expect to hear from me in a couple months about getting the same job done to my new baby . I'll be forking out for that right after I've installed some custom tail-lights, "Type-S" emblems, and Nos stickers to boost my ride up to the 200 hp mark .

Seriously though, I'm motoring out to the west coast for a couple weeks to feel what my baby can do at sea-level. I'll probably get with you once I get back in October.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:26 AM
micahbones
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must concur with BBoy. That was my first 5280 event, and I learned a lot about the internal workings of the Mini by watching that pulley/intake install and listening to Randy explain the induction system of the MCS. It was also interesting to look at the underside of the car up on the lift and see the convoluted path of the stock exhaust system, in addition to the front and rear suspension setups. Thanks for the class Randy!

We also heard some great stories and funny accounts -- my favorite being Randy handing a Ferrari 360 with an ex-pro driver his *** on a platter while in the Mule out at Second Creek (which I heard from both Brian and Randy) -- cute little car indeed!

Finally, I must say I love the Lotus Elise after finally checking one out in person (and tangerine is a great color for it -- wish I could get my Mini in that color, or perhaps Krypton Green!). The Elise is so minimalist, and seems to be designed exclusively for the joy of driving. For example the pedals are perfectly placed for heel/toe shifting, the steering wheel is this little race unit, and the rear engine lid felt like it weighed about 3 lbs. -- I can only imagine how it feels to drive the car! In an era where "sports" cars weigh well in excess of 3000 lbs., it is so nice to see a true lightweight real Sports car with no power steering and a mechanical cable connecting your right foot to the throttle.