MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:45 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Rocky. Tomorrow at 12:30 PM at the Pepsi Center the club is having an event. Here is where more info is located: Nowhere
Hope to meet you tomorrow. Love to see your MINI.
Chuck

Old 05-13-2007, 10:05 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Rocky!

Glad to have you. There are lots of events and GTGs happening this year. Notably, the Colorado Conclave in September and our own MITM2 MINIs in the Mountains in August.

JPS

Old 05-16-2007, 03:28 PM
dominos
2nd Gear
New Member - MILO

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Jan. 19, 2007
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? MILO
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Indigo Blue
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Premium, Sport, Winter
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Nahh
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I love her
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Boulder + Denver
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) weekend events
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? let's motor

Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
Welcome Dominos!

Welcome Dominos and MILO! Now that the snow is behind us (I hope), we can start venturing further into the mountains. You're invited to motor with other MINI5280 members June 8-10, to Palisade/Grand Junction on the western slope of Colo. There we'll visit wineries, a candy factory, Colo. Nat'l Monument and more, staying there overnight. The next day we'll about an hour to Gateway, Colo to view the Gateway Colorado Auto Museum (The Performing Art of the American Automobile). After that we'll motor to Gunnison for the night. Back to Denver the next day through a different route, of course. More information on the MINI5280 Events Calendar, here on NAM. I hope you can join us! See the Calendar for other MINI5280 happenings.
Rick

Old 05-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
WELCOME DOMINOS!!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:34 AM
denverherbie
Neutral
Finally posting in new member forum!

denverherbie here. long time reader, first time poster!

You'll see me tooling around downtown denver in an 06 Orange convt. S (black top, black racing strips, +racing lamps) named Walty, pronounced with a "v" like "wagner", (named after a crusty pennsylvanian chef I met in berlin, Germany a couple of days before I picked up my mini from schomp!).

So if you see a big, tall, balding, very German-looking guy driving an orange coop this summer, I'd same your odds are pretty good it's me! (bonus points if you see me wearing my Red Wings Cap).

I'm getting ready to delve into my first major upgrade of the car: the stereo. Not sure how far I am going to get into this yet, but I want to expand the factory iPod capabilities and give the bass a little more street cred.

My wife and I have a ton of family travel planned for this summer, so I'm not sure how many of the road rallys we see ya'll in, but hopefully we'll get to a least one.

Last edited by denverherbie; 05-21-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Herbie and all others!

Glad to have you in the group. And your timing is impeccable:

Just a moment ago, we opened up registration for our 2nd Annual MITM MINIs in the Mountains event at Copper Mountain, on August 9-12 2007. You can register for the event right here in NAM, by clicking on STORE at the top, then choose the top link "MINIs in the Mountains".

Note that this year, in order to attend either the Friday dinner (Ralph Schomp MINI) or the Saturday dinner (all of our Vendors) you MUST have a paid registration to the event, either the DRIVER or PASSENGER. So be sure to register all those in your party, then you can also register for the dinner events.

Thanks, and WELCOME! Be sure to go to the FORUMs in NAM and find the MITM Forums and discussion threads...about the event!

Jonathan Souza

Old 05-22-2007, 05:54 PM
brunissen
Neutral
Hi all!

At about 10am tomorrow morning, I'm going to Ralph Schomp pick up my new baby - a pepper white mini named Eliza. We are already registered for MINI in the Mountains as well!

You'll find Eliza and I mainly in the SW part of Denver with my Boxer Angus riding shotgun.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Pam, I saw a PW today

with temp tags but it was not you. Welcome to MINI Motoring and the gang.

Shelly, Rene, Ray et al at Schomp have taken great care of hundreds, make that thousands, of our friends.

And, they are huge supporters of the MINI community and will be the title sponsor at MITM and for our Friday dinner.

Glad you are coming. Be sure to watch our website at www.MINI5280.org and watch the MINI5280 calendar right here in NAM...for all events.

More info? Call Rick at info@MINI5280.org

Thanks,

Jonathan

Old 05-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Flying Dutchman
1st Gear
Hello everyone. We dropped in to say hello. We finally got ourselves a Mini S. My god these are cool. Like a go kart with a hard top, leather seats and A/C. We have always wanted one the first year they came out but they were (and still are a bit pricey) so we got ourselves a used one, a 2002 to be exact. It’s still supper nice. Details of the car as follows.

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 1 week ago today
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Not named yet but thinking something like the “Silver Spud”
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Silver with black roof and black aftermarket wheels
  • What options did you get on your MINI? It’s an S with typical options except the moon roof. Still a bit sad over that one.
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Yes, if I can pry it out of my wife’s hands
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used in Morrison, CO
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Is this a trick question?
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Broomfield, Westminster
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) All of the above.
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Hanging out with other Mini enthusiasts and getting technical advice. Overall we as a family look forward to having a good time with other Mini owners.
There you have it. Hope to see you all soon.
Take care,
Michael, Ann & Tara (a.k.a. Taranator) Hahn

Last edited by Flying Dutchman; 05-25-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:06 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Dutchman!

There are lots of MINI things to do around Colorado each year. Among them:
  • Monthly (more often) MINI5280 events - see the MINI5280 Calendar right here in NAM. Click on Calendar in the left margin, scroll do MINI5280, go in there.
  • MINI5280 annual anniversary event, Yalla Yalla. Each fall.
  • The annual British Motoring Conclave. Aravada, each September.
  • MITM MINIs in the Mountains. Each August, with MINIs from all over the country. At Copper Mountain. MINI5280, NAM, and Ralph Schomp MINI all host.
And lots more.

See you out there!

Jonathan

Old 05-26-2007, 09:31 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
Go-karts almost like our own

Flying Dutchman,
If you're interested in watching other, less luxurious go-karts, note that the 2nd annual Greeley Grand Prix is this Sunday (5/27) at 10:30 AM (free). A MINI Cooper will be the pace car. Join other MINIs at the Ralph Schomp MINI tent. Full details on the Greeley Grand Prix website (click here). Here's the map (click here). Only a short, MINI/go-kart drive from Broomfield!
Rick

Old 05-26-2007, 01:51 PM
danandtan
4th Gear
danandtan's MCS

• My wife and I got our MCS at the end of January 07.
  • Don't really have a name for it... the Coop is what I call it.
  • It is Chili Red with white stripes and checkered mirrors.
  • Came with the sport package and the premium package... and I love the way Harman Kardon sounds.
  • I plan on doing the pulley real soon and then who knows. Whatever my budget will allow.
  • We got it used at Gebhardt's in Boulder. This one was originally from Arizona.
  • We got a MINI cause... duh, they are frickin cool! Always wanted one and finally able to make it happen.
  • You'll see us cruisin around northern Colorado in the Loveland/Fort Collins area. Would love to see more group rides start up here.
  • Would be up for almost anything that our schedule will allow.
We Love Our New Car!

Dave and Tina

Last edited by danandtan; 05-27-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:44 PM
old81
M6
MINIs in Greeley, CO

Hello,

Short note with a link, my wife and I were up at the Pro Kart racing today with the MINI group, Schomp and others. Nice tent, goodies, good racing and fun to watch the action.

Here is a link to some of the pictures of the MINI Coopers around the track and the a couple of the on-track action. Enjoy.

Don S. - old81

07 MCSa DS/W on the Titus, almost at the port.

Greeley Pro Kart Racing -- Sponsored by Schomp, etal.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:18 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Thank you for the pics

That helps those of us who could not attend.

JSP

Old 05-28-2007, 06:48 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
2nd that!

Yes, thanks Don for sharing the photos. I had a good time, especially riding in the pace car while being chased by a band of other go-karts. Thanks Ray, Mike and Renee & the entire Schomp MINI team for the VIP treatment (pit pass, lunch, cold water, SHADE, schwag, ...)!
Rick

Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 AM
danandtan
4th Gear
Thanks!

I also want to say "Thanks!" for everything that Ralph Schomp provided. We had a fun day.

danandtan

Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
old81
M6
New member.

Well, I guess we are new to NAM and to MINIdom. So here is our info officially.

New Member - scooter
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? June 13, 2007 ordered April 07
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? scooter
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Dark Silver - White roof and mirrors
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Sport pgk, Conv. pkg, Winter pkg, Webbies, Steptronic.
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Yes, lightly
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Always wanted one.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Louisville, Boulder, Mountains
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Weekend Events, Trips, MITM 07
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Need to join the group.
Don S (old81) & scooter

Old 06-20-2007, 04:14 PM
skalutz
Neutral
Use as Primary Car in Denver (and other ?'s)

Greetings Mini Owners,

I'm 90% sure that once the 2008 models come around that I'll be purchasing a MINI Cooper or MINI Cooper S. After searching these forums, the only remaining questions that I have are:

1 - Do many MINI owners use theirs as their primary vehicle in Denver, CO?
2 - How does your MINI perform in the winter? Do I really need snow tires?
3 - How does your MINI perform in the pot-hole ridden streets of the Denver Metro Area.
4 - What experiences people have with their dogs riding in their MINIs? (I have a 75 lb beast!).

I'm really most concerned with questions 1 and 2 (ok, 2.5), so if anyone could help me with these questions I can solidify my decision as to purchasing a MINI!

Thanks in advance!

PS: Below are my responses to the first posting, too!
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? - Hopefully early 2008.
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? - To be determined. Have met him/her yet.
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? - LaserBlue Metallic
  • What options did you get on your MINI? - Cold Weather, Maybe Premium, other little options.
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? - Not sure yet
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? - Most likely at Ralph Schomp, New
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? - After checking it out at the Auto Show and test driving, knew I wanted it. Seems like a great all around car.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? - Denver (Stapleton, Downtown, DTC)
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) - Mountain Rides, Weekend Rides
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? - Help answer my questions so I can buy into the family! hehee

Old 06-20-2007, 04:15 PM
skalutz
Neutral
Use as Primary Car in Denver (and other ?'s)

Greetings Mini Owners,

I'm 90% sure that once the 2008 models come around that I'll be purchasing a MINI Cooper or MINI Cooper S. After searching these forums, the only remaining questions that I have are:

1 - Do many MINI owners use theirs as their primary vehicle in Denver, CO?
2 - How does your MINI perform in the winter? Do I really need snow tires?
3 - How does your MINI perform in the pot-hole ridden streets of the Denver Metro Area.
4 - What experiences people have with their dogs riding in their MINIs? (I have a 75 lb beast!).

I'm really most concerned with questions 1 and 2 (ok, 2.5), so if anyone could help me with these questions I can solidify my decision as to purchasing a MINI!

Thanks in advance!

PS: Below are my responses to the first posting, too!
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? - Hopefully early 2008.
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? - To be determined. Have met him/her yet.
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? - LaserBlue Metallic
  • What options did you get on your MINI? - Cold Weather, Maybe Premium, other little options.
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? - Not sure yet
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? - Most likely at Ralph Schomp, New
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? - After checking it out at the Auto Show and test driving, knew I wanted it. Seems like a great all around car.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? - Denver (Stapleton, Downtown, DTC)
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) - Mountain Rides, Weekend Rides
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? - Help answer my questions so I can buy into the family! hehee

Old 06-20-2007, 04:20 PM
JJ Blue
4th Gear
Answer to 1,2 & 3.
1. Yes
2. 16" stock runflats on a 2006 MCS and no problems last winter.
3. I installed the M7 strut tower support just in case but the MINI is so nimble I just drive around the pot holes ( even the man hole depression that used to be on 14th Ave by the Denver Civic Center).

Last edited by JJ Blue; 06-20-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Welcome Don S!!! Hopefully you'll be able to make it to the Poker Run this Sunday @ noon!!!?

Old 06-23-2007, 04:52 PM
aninlee
Neutral
New '07 MCS

Hi folks. Recently purchased a MCS and I am luvin' it!!! Forgot how fun it was to drive. In response to your questions:
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Picked it up June 1, 2007
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? No name as yet
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? LB w/ White top/side mirrors
  • What options did you get on your MINI? #1; #3; htd mirrors/washer jets; chrome line interior; color line drk grey; interior surface burshed alloy; rear fog lamps.
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Yes
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? Ralph Schomp/New
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I've wanted one since they brought them to the US
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Denver
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) any rallies that may be happening in the area
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? keep me informed of what events will be going on.
Looking forward to motoring....

Old 06-30-2007, 05:13 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
I ordered my 06' JCW PW/B Cabrio July 2005, got it Dec. 7th, 2005.

My MINI's name is Jessica, after Jessica Rabbit.

I have pretty much all standard factory options on Jessica.

I purchased my MINI from Momentum MINI in Houston, TX

I wanted a 4 seater convertible, had a friend who had a TT convertible and saw the fun he has with the Denver TT club wanted something that had the same charm!

Actually I'll be seldom seen in Denver riding around in Jessica. My company has a branch office in Denver and I'm traveling to the Denver area several times a year, hoping to bum a ride in someone's MINI while in town.

I've sent my membership in today for MINI5280 so hopefully will see you guys real soon the next trip up if not, I will be in Jessica for my second MITM!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:42 PM
ifly
1st Gear
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? June 29th, 2007
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Not sure yet!
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Sparkling Silver
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Premium, Sport, Winter, F&R Fogs, HiFi, NAV
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Maybe!
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New!
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Needed a smaller fuel efficient vehicle for the wife other than my X5.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Denver
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) weekend events
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Drive man drive!

Last edited by ifly; 07-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!