MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

WTB:: New or Like New R98 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 07:51 PM
JCarreira
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New or Like New R98 Wheels

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R53
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Brand New

I am looking to BUY New or Like New R98 17" Web Spoke Wheels. Looking for a Full set of 4 for a 2005 MCS (R53).

If you have set to Sell, please PM me with pics if possible. I will check in daily until I find a set.

Thanks,
Joe C.......

Updated 6/17/15

I have finally purchased and refurbished a used set of R98 wheels and am no longer looking. For any others looking for these particular wheels, good luck... They are very hard to find, and with the costs to refurbish will end up being an expensive upgrade.
Consider all the costs and compare to new before going down the same path I went..!!

P.S. They came out great and I will post pictures later today to this thread.

Last edited by JCarreira; 06-17-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Purchased used set, No longer looking.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:12 AM
JCarreira
1st Gear
WOW No Response

WOW..!! I can't believe these Wheels are so hard to find.!!

I have had this add up for a couple weeks now and NO Responses with any info on a set of R98's FOR SALE..!

Of Course I can get a New Set at the dealers for $350 each... But Used must be Impossible..!!

Very Disappointing..

If anyone has any info on how I can get a set of these please drop me a note..

Thanks,
Joe C.......

Old 05-05-2015, 07:09 AM
LTEAPX
1st Gear
PM Sent

Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Laura & Gary
2nd Gear
I've been looking for these for months... you can find some on ebay and sites, but they are pricey. Used sets in any condition sell within a day from what I have seen...

Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 AM
JCarreira
1st Gear
Almost ready to Buy NEW

I have seen New Ones including shipping in the $350 range.

I did have contact with a Craigslist seller in the Baltimore area, but after chasing him for 2 weeks trying to firm up a deal I gave up. (They were in very poor condition anyway, so it wasn't that big a loss as they would have taken quite a bit of time to repair.) But as usual, Craigslist is a difficult area to deal with.

I saw your ad that you were looking also. Hopefully we are in different areas of the country and not competing over the 1 set that comes available..!!

Good Luck in your search..
Joe C.......

Originally Posted by Laura & Gary
I've been looking for these for months... you can find some on ebay and sites, but they are pricey. Used sets in any condition sell within a day from what I have seen...

Old 05-15-2015, 10:35 AM
JCarreira
1st Gear
Update Info

Originally Posted by Laura & Gary
Well, I thought I would share recent activities in this R98 search.

I finally found a set (used) within close proximity to me, (about an hour away).
They were in rougher condition then what I wanted, but the seller was motivated so I got them at a very fair price.
Now for the Bad News... Since I wanted these to be in great condition, I have received several estimates to refurbish them from reputable service places and have found that because of their 2 piece design, and in order to repair them properly and get to any corrosion etc. under the mating lip of the 2 pieces they are very costly to refurbish. By the time I am done I will be within a couple hundred $$ of the cost of a new set.

I am bringing this to others attention so that you can prepare, if you are as picky as I, and want a "New" looking wheel. I can tell you that if you pay any more then $300 for the set of used wheels, by the time you factor in the costs of refurbishing them you will be better off to just buy them new.!!

Unfortunately the design of these wheels causes the failure / corrosion points to be at the mating surface of the 2 piece design and under the outer lip coating.

I really do love the look of this wheel, but in hindsight, considering the costs involved, may not have made the same decisions....