MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

FS:: Koni FSD shocks BRAND NEW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
bug1515
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Koni FSD shocks BRAND NEW!!!

Category: Suspension
Price: $650
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R56, R57
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Brand New

Still available!!!

Help me out....

I have a brand new set of koni fsd shocks for 2007+ mini and Mini Cooper s. I bought this set not knowing that my family already had purchased a set for me as a gift so I was stuck with two sets and only one mini. To make a long story short, the company that I bought these from have a RIDICULOUS return policy where I would be charged a 20% "restocking fee" and pay for return shipping...and do it within a 7 day period. Either way, I'd loose money on these, but I rather not loose it on that crappy company. Here's your chance to save on a killer product and help me out at the same time. I'm asking $650 shipped (to the lower 48). I got a great deal and paid $710 shipped...so your deal will be sweeter than mine. Questions welcome. Cheers!!!

Attached Thumbnails Koni FSD shocks BRAND NEW!!!-image.jpg  

Last edited by bug1515; 02-03-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
kevjandon
2nd Gear
Do you know if these can be used on an R55 Clubman? I know that with springs, R56 spring rates don't work on R55. Not sure if the same applies with shocks.

Also, have you installed your other set and how do you like them? I'm contemplating lowering springs on stock shocks vs. stock springs on Koni FSD's.

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 PM
bug1515
1st Gear
Not 100% sure, but I think they should be the same. I'd check w koni to be sure. Shocks have a pretty wide range if tolerance between spring rates.

As far as liking them, I LOVE them!!! They are a near perfect balance of comfort and sport. Please trust me on this, I had lowering springs on stock shocks. The lowered look is awesome, but the ride sucks. Period. Doesn't matter what brand or how low you go. There is simply not enough suspension travel for the spring and shock to work TOGETHER properly. I switched to Eibach r1 coilivers and found awesome lowered look with killer handling. Yes the ride is stiff, but that's to be expected with that kind of performance level.

I got the koni fsd to use as my winter set up---stock height with 17" non run flat winter tires. It crazy comfortable, but the car really has a snap when turning in and getting aggressive on the throttle. Also, that dangerous bump steer that plagues stock suspension is eliminated with these as well. Honestly have to say that koni fsd (even at full reatail price) and a rear adjustable sway bar are by far the BESt investments I've made to my mini. So if you want to lower the car go with coilovers. If you still want performance and comfort, go with these. Hope this helps....

Old 12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
terrysil
2nd Gear
Koni recommends not using lowered springs, they do recc: using stock springs. they are great, have a set on my 2012 s