MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas (M2C2) The MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas forum. Visit our club site at www.m2c2.org

Charlotte Area Meeting Oct 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Ches
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, fairly new to this forum. I have a hyper-blue MCS convertible scheduled to arrive on the Freedom the first week of Nov. I can't make the coffee meet tomorrow, but would like to be informed of your future events. Is this thread the one to watch for them?

Chesley

Last edited by Ches; 10-23-2004 at 12:55 AM. Reason: left out a word
Old 10-23-2004, 03:33 AM
mininc
5th Gear
Welcome Ches

Ches

Welcome to NAM and the M2C2 forum. Congratulations on your new MINI. Waiting for your MINI to arrive is the hard part.

Which dealer are you getting your MINI at?

Hope you can make the next event, I would like to see your new MINI.

Just keep watching the www.m2c2.org forum for upcoming events around the Carolinas.

George

Old 10-24-2004, 11:14 AM
RawRats
1st Gear
While the weather was chilly, the reception was warm. I met some really nice folks and enjoyed looking at what they had done to their MINIs. Look for my membership form shortly.

Dana

Old 10-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
I check the PO box for memberships regularly now that I have a key..

I'll keep a special eye out for yours!

Old 10-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Rev. Limiter
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry we couldn't make it this time - "hunny dew" list WAY too long. But I was thinking of youse guys.

Is the MINI dealership next to the BMW on Independence open yet?

Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 AM
mininc
5th Gear
M2C2 Charlotte Chapter Outing Update

Thanks to all the MINIs that stopped by for the Charlotte outing.

We ended up with 8 MINIs in attendance. I will post pictures soon.

It was great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.

Our charlotte chapter's next event will be a detail clinic on November 20th followed by a gathering at Hendrick MINI. Please watch for the posting.

Ed Keady the Manager of Hendrick MINI stopped by as well as Steve Treece, Zaino distributor (Carolina Shine) and owner of UltraShield (invisible auto bra).

Ed is planning on opening Hendrick MINI on November 19th. I am not sure if the tragedy that happened on Sunday will effect the oppening date. My thoughts and prayer go out to the Hendrick family and all others effected by the plane crash.

Steve Treece has offered M2C2 members a 10% discount at his new company UltraShield. You can check his webstite www.ultrashieldofcharlotte.com for more information.

We also had Blair Organ from Tintsolutions stop by. Blair is offering a 10% discount on window tinting to M2C2 members. Tintsolutions can be reached at 704-537-0000.

Thanks

Old 10-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Pebblecrusher
4th Gear
Wish I could have attended (even as a non member), but I was up in the mountains for Fall of the Dragon II. Sounds like it was a great meeting.

Old 10-25-2004, 01:59 PM
mininc
5th Gear
Pebblechrusher

You were more than welcome at the meeting, member or non member. Only certain events will be member only. As a club we are starting to obtain some great discounts for members, which makes membership more inviting.

We will try to have a function at least once or twice a month in the greater Charlotte area. I hope you can make some. I may try and do another event at Jillian's, as it was well attended.

Hope to see you soon.

How was the Fall of the Dragon II?

Old 10-25-2004, 06:28 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
Wish I could have made the meeting. I think from now on I'll stay on my own turf with the new Mini's. We went to Charleston for a British car show and the reception by the old Mini crowd was absolutely terrible. I've never seen nothing like it before and we've been to quite a few car shows. They actually turned their chairs in the other direction away from us and wouldn't socialize. We were the only new Mini and they should be ashamed of themselves for the way they acted. It's only a car and the new ones better anyways--maybe that's what the problem is We did take first place because we were the only new Mini--not the real Mini as they yacked a Heinz 57 with Z3 wiring. Oh well, if it is Z3 wiring, I know it will be pretty good considering my 97 with 75,000 miles has never had a problem

Now, I'll be in trouble again

BMW MINI's RULE!!!!

Old 10-26-2004, 01:06 AM
LJinNC
3rd Gear
Jeez! You think the classic Mini owners would have gotten over it by now. Oh, well; I suppose this is why we have wars: "You're not from my clan! Pow! "

Old 10-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Had a good time talking to everyone at the get together Saturday. It was great that we had 8 MINI's show up. The really fun thing was there was no duplication of colors among us. :smile:

Debi - sad to hear there was such animosity towards you at the show. At Eurofest things were pretty cool between the new and classic owners. As far as I know, I didn't hear anyone being outwardly hostile to anyone else.... of course, I did steer clear of Bill ***!

Old 10-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
So did the rest of us...

Old 10-27-2004, 02:12 AM
Ches
1st Gear
Mininc,

We are getting our Mini through Mini of Charleston. Ordered it in July, and it has been a long wait. Really getting it sooner than we thought we would. We were number 27 on their list, and knowing there would be a pretty good demand for the conv., with production just gearing up, didn't expect to get it until next year. Would liked to have bought it here in Charlotte, but they hadn't even broken ground on Indep. and they told us they could not take names to put on a list. So we went through the Hendricks dealership in Charleston. But, it will be nice to be able to get service here in Charlotte. If I get the Mini before the 19th, I plan on going over to Hendricks for their opening.