Mini/MINI BUILDS Showcase your Build Talents.

Will it Go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 07:24 AM
Blake Ferree
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it Go?

Ok so my 2003 MINI is sitting in Salt Lakes City right now and I need to get it to NC if anyway possible. The alternative is selling it. Unfortunately it has a blown head gasket and a small amount of coolant in the 2nd cylinder. I know driving like this is hazardous to the engine but with the current state of the car it needs a new engine but I'd rather not do this in Salt Lakes. The gamble is whether or not the car in any shape will make it back to NC (2,000 miles) before the engine stops. If I can't get it to NC then I have to count it as a loss and ditch it in Salt Lakes because I have no place to leave it. If I can get it to NC I can store it until I am able to get a new engine or sell for parts

Last edited by Blake Ferree; 09-22-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:50 AM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Why not rent a truck and tow it back to NC?

Old 09-22-2018, 06:52 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Fix it before you go.

Or just ship it

If you try to drive it and melt it down you will just be setting money on fire. As you will need more than just a head gasket repair costing far more than the shipping would have. And on top of that you will also need to interrupt your trip and get it towed, then get it shipped to NC. And since you will be in a "situation" at that point it will cost you even more for towing and shipping.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more