R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 $5 So Cal MINI T-Shirt for August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 10:43 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings! If you plan on attending the first Southern California MINI meet in Huntington Beach on August 18th, contact me (click on "CMINIGO", then click "Send a private message to CMINIGO&quot to order your MINI T-shirt now! It'll have the MINI on it in some form and "MINI MOTORING Southern California 2002". I'll be making up T-shirts for those who order by Saturday August 3rd. It's only $5 per shirt to help cover materials (no, I'm not making ANY money off this!). I will need payment beforehand though so I don’t end up with unclaimed shirts that cost me $. I can accept PayPal payment or cash/check by snail mail. T-shirts will be delivered at the meet.

The T-shirts are Hanes Beefy T 100% preshrunk cotton- nice quality, not thin crap. See the photo below for color samples. Here’s what’s available (listing chest measurement for 2 sizes to help people determine their size):

XL (45" chest)__medium gray
L ______________gray-blue
M (39" chest) __medium gray, gray-green, or gray-blue
S _____________gray-green

Old 07-27-2002, 10:01 AM
jeanna
2nd Gear
Hey Tracy!

I want a 2! One small grey-blue and one large grey blue!
PM me about payment!

~Jeanna

Old 07-27-2002, 11:12 AM
dbaux
1st Gear
Any chance of getting T's even if us midwesterners can't attend the meet, especially if we toss in a few extra bucks for S & H?

Dave

Old 07-27-2002, 04:26 PM
zwoman
3rd Gear
>>Any chance of getting T's even if us midwesterners can't attend the meet, especially if we toss in a few extra bucks for S & H?
>>
>>Dave
>>

Yeah, I'm with Dave on this one...I WISH I was in SoCal, but I'm in the SE. Could the rest of us out here buy one, too???

Old 07-27-2002, 05:10 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
SURE! Anyone can get a T-shirt. I don't mind doing it! I will be working on various designs and will post them online ASAP so people can choose what they'd like to order. They can always be personalized too (e.g. your name, the name of your MINI, your location). As for the limited colors, when I went to the T-shirt warehouse to see what I could get, I only chose the colors I thought would work best- neutral, classy colors. But, they have more colors available than what I listed. Like if you have a yellow MINI and want a bright yellow shirt with a black outline of the MINI on it, that could be done. It's easier to work with the lighter, brighter colors (black, bright red, dark green, navy blue, etc. won't work well). They also have sweatshirts (a little more $ though) for those of you who get snow. I will post some designs on Monday, so check back then! Thanks and Happy Motoring!!!

Old 07-27-2002, 05:15 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Cheers!
Clover

Old 07-29-2002, 02:24 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
Okay, here are some T-Shirt Designs! I'm still not done- I'll keep adding them as I finish them. Please send me a personal message to let me know how many shirts you'd like, even if you haven't chosen a design yet. I have to make sure I have enough time to order more supplies if needed. The tire tread design also takes more supplies, so let me know if you know you're gonna order one or more of those. Sorry the page itself lacks but I had to throw it together quickly.

I'm also taking submissions- so if you come up with a great design in Photoshop or Illustrator, let me know and I'll post it. See the link above to the design page for instructions.

Motor On!

Old 07-29-2002, 05:57 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
>>Please send me a personal message to let me know how many shirts you'd like, even if you haven't chosen a design yet.

Old 07-30-2002, 09:21 AM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
I added some more design variations (patriotic MINIs) to the T-Shirt Design Page

I will continue to add some more designs as I get the chance. My schedule is a bit messed up right now since my MINI is in the shop for the shifter linkage "recall". So, if I get home early enough tonight from the dealership, I will do some more work on designs.

Thanks again everyone for placing orders. It's not too late for the rest of you... get in touch with me to let me know what you'd like!

Motor On!

Old 07-30-2002, 05:44 PM
jeanna
2nd Gear
Tracy,

Nice job on the designs- I personally like the grey blue tire tracks one the most and my second choice for that design would have to be the green. I will send you the link to some other designs too that might spark your imagination or could help add to your already awesome designs!! Thanks for the work and effort!

~Jeanna

Old 07-30-2002, 05:44 PM
jeanna
2nd Gear
Tracy,

Nice job on the designs- I personally like the grey blue tire tracks one the most and my second choice for that design would have to be the green. I will send you the link to some other designs too that might spark your imagination or could help add to your already awesome designs!! Thanks for the work and effort!

~Jeanna

Old 07-30-2002, 05:52 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal

Thanks & Cheers!
Clover

Old 07-30-2002, 05:53 PM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Old 07-30-2002, 10:21 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
>> :smile: :smile: :smile:

It's August 18 in Huntington Beach. Jeanna is planning it, so keep an eye out for her posts. See you there! I'll be in our Corvette, 'cuz MINIclo doesnt arrive at Port Hueneme until 8/19 (if all goes well, that is).

Cheers!
Clover

Old 07-31-2002, 12:36 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
THANKS for the orders eveyone! I've got orders from California, New Mexico, Alabama, Connecticut, and even Germany! I had to order more supplies, so I will be able to continue to take orders through the week adn even into next week for those of you who love to procrastinate. I am going to the warehouse on this Sunday to buy the shirts, so let me know what you want by then if possible. I will also bring some extra shirts (just a few though!) to the HB meet for those that want one but forgot to order. Place an order NOW to make sure you get the size, color, and design you want!

Thanks again for the great response and support!

See you soon!
Tracy

Old 08-01-2002, 03:08 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
La-te-da, I've updated The T-Shirt Design Page once again! This is it. I'm taking orders for the SoCal meet through August 9th, but PLEASE let me know by this Saturday (August 3rd) if you can so I will have more time to get them done before the meet. Be sure to specify shirt color, size, design, and MINI color (if it applies to your design). For those of you who are not attending the meet, I will send you a personal message when your shirt has been completed and shipped.

Thanks again for all the orders.

See you in Huntington Beach!

Old 08-02-2002, 06:58 AM
zwoman
3rd Gear
Awesome, CMINIGO!!!! Love your name, by the way :smile: Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2002, 08:54 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
Hello again,
(this message was sent to all who placed a T-shirt order)

I have run into a bump with the T-shirts. After performing wash/durability tests on the shirts I made for myself, I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of the transfers that I was sold.:smile: (whether additional cost is required) or get your money back and cancel the order:(. I hope the printer's prices are reasonable enough. We'll find out.

I'll keep you posted,
Tracy

Old 08-05-2002, 01:46 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
Hi everyone! I apologize for the inconvenience. In order to keep the cost to all of you down, this is it, just one design- no variations. Check out The Design!

I was not pleased with the quality of the transfers I was sold and refused to pass them on to all of you, so I can no longer make the shirts myself. The shirts will now be screen printed in black by a professional printer. Because I have to out-source the shirts now, I must get them to the printer IMMEDIATELY so they'll be done in time for the HB meet!

PLEASE send me a personal message with the info I need as soon as you can! Let me know whether you'd like still purchase a t-shirt or cancel your order (if you've already sent payment I will destroy your check or return your PayPal or cash payment). For those that wish to still purchase a shirt, the new cost is $7.50. Not bad! If you've sent payment of $5 per shirt, you can give me the remaining $2.50 at the HB meet.

The design will be the large black MINI with the SoCal text. You can still choose your shirt color and size. Please respond ASAP to let me know what you'd like to do. I need to know by Wednesday afternoon so I can get off work early to go get the shirts and get them to the printer! Thanks again to everyone for their patience.