MINI Car Club of Indiana (MINICCI) The MINICCI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.MINICCI.org

Movin to Lafayette - Hows the Indy Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 AM
tswichert
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Movin to Lafayette - Hows the Indy Service

I am moving in a couple of months to Lafayette. Assume I will get my 07 MC serviced in Indy. Anybody have any experience/advice/tales to tell ?

Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tswichert
I am moving in a couple of months to Lafayette. Assume I will get my 07 MC serviced in Indy. Anybody have any experience/advice/tales to tell ?
Rob, the SA at Dreyer & Reinbold, is fantastic to work with (if a little overworked ). He's always been very helpful and fair with us.

Waylen, of Way Motor Works, is a local MINI tuner as well. He's not called the MINIGuru for nothing (www.waymotorworks.com).

Check out MINICCI for more info about club activities too: www.minicci.org

Old 04-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Location: From New Lenox, IL., but living in West Lafayette, IN.
This is what I get for not hanging out on NAM as much as I used to. I'm usually on the MINICCI website. I'll finially have another MINI owner in Lafayette who is active in the community. There are several in the area and some wave and some don't. It is about an hour to an hour and 1/2 drive to the dealer and most club events in Indy depending on traffic. Easy drive down 65 though. The service at D&R is great! Had wonderful experiences with both my MA and SA. Supposedly they just got moved to a seperate building from the BMW building. I haven't been down there in a few months. Just to let you know I am a HB/W MCS R53 with IL. plates and occasionally a motoring badge on my grille. I'll be looking and waving. If you ever go to any club event pm me and maybe we can caravan down. Its a little lonely out here. One last thing. There are seemingly no good roads out here. I've found a handful of fun curvy roads.

Last edited by Deuce Coupe Effect; 04-29-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:25 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
my family lives over in fowler which is 30 mins west of lafayette and ill be coming home in about 2 days so bumbles will be prowling the area again....so hell if there are more local motorers maybe we can all get together

Old 05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
binkysmini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Deuce Coupe Effect
Supposedly they just got moved to a seperate building from the BMW building. I haven't been down there in a few months.
Well, when AstroCoop ordered his on 4/13, they were in the same spot as always. So unless they JUST moved....
Are you gonna be in Lafayette soon, or do you mean in summer for next school year? There is a rally coming up on June 3rd, if you are here by then. Make sure and check out MINICCI.ORG and Welcome!

Old 05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Location: From New Lenox, IL., but living in West Lafayette, IN.
Oh I've been here for a few years (working and studying in the summer) and have been a MINICCI member since I got my car a year ago. I've already requested that day off work so I will definately be there for the June 3rd event as well as the F1 events. I didn't know about Astro probably because I spend more time over on the club's page than here. Actually on the club's page Astro is listed in Terre Haute.

Last edited by Deuce Coupe Effect; 05-15-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:23 AM
binkysmini
3rd Gear
Deuce Coupe, I know you have been here a while. I was going back to the OP with that question. Re-reading it though, it wasn't real clear because I quoted your post about D & R moving.
Anyways, to tswichert, D & R are pretty good folks to deal with. Never a complaint with the service department here (but its been over a year). Oh, rotated my own after they asked me if I wanted it done once and I said "sure". Then saw $75 for rotation on the bill.
Cheers!