Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

NOTICE: Spring Fling Event Changes (3/3/04)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 06:32 AM
laclede
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As we are motoring almost entirely along Lewis and Clark Trail Highways, and in honor of the 200th anniversary celebration of the Lewis & Clark Expedition, as well as the even more famous (at least to us MINI owners) 40th anniversary of Patty Hopkirk's win at Rallye Monte Carlo, the 'Spring Fling Event' is being changed to the 'Rallye Lewis & Clark'!

Changes are listed in ITALICS

When: April 3, 2004

Time: 10:00AM

Route: Weldon Springs to Chamois
Chamois to Labadie and Chesterfield/Ellisville Area

Here's the latest:

We will be heading from Weldon Springs west along Highways D and 94 to Herman and then on to Chamois via Highway 100 and some other roads. We’ll enjoy lunch and the sites, and when we grow restless of sitting still, head back along a similarly enjoyable, yet different, route. So without further adieu, here are the nitty-gritty details:

Start Time: 10:00AM
Start Location: The Park n' Ride lot at the southwest corner of Hwy. 40 and Hwy. 94 (First exit north of the Boone Bridge on I-64/Hwy. 40)

General Information:
So that I can have a headcount for planning and arrangements. I need everyone that plans on attending to send an RSVP to stlminievents@sbcglobal.net. If you have already done this, or are listed on the event thread at namotoring.com, I don't need you to do this again. So that we can confirm accurate numbers for lunch and potentially dinner spots, I need to have the RSVP in 'hand' by March 19th at 5:00PM. All are welcome, but I can only guarantee space for those that I know are coming. Even if you don't send an RSVP, come on down, the drive itself will be worth it!

Route Information:
Generally, the route will be from Weldon Springs, west to Herman, then west to the Chamois area. Then a return from the Chamois area east to Labadie and then to Chesterfield/Ellisville area. Full route details will be distributed at the event.

Items to Bring:
A camera (can you have a MINI event without one?), area road map (optional, route maps and directions will be furnished), snacks, and beverages. Anti-nausea pills for the navigator may be desirable; these roads can cause motion sickness!!! For those that have them, FRS radios might be a good idea.

For more information:
E-mail me at stlminievents@sbcglobal.net

or check out the local thread at:
STLMINI Spring Fling Event

Old 02-12-2004, 03:21 PM
zinful
4th Gear
I have spring fever already, can't wait to hit the curvy roads again.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:05 AM
zinful
4th Gear
What a great name change for the event and that logo is a knockout, I can't wait!