Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

Where are all the Midwesterners? (Why is this forum DEAD?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 02:27 PM
nynone4
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SumWon - did you get the car all fixed up then? Wish I could make it to one of the events, but I have a wedding to attend that weekend. I will be at the Rockford event for sure next July - hopefully with both the new and the old Mini.

I'm going down to the Midwest Divisional autocross event in Rantoul this Saturday (weather providing) to watch some of the top drivers in the country. Anyone else here going?

Old 10-01-2003, 02:42 PM
UKNUT
6th Gear
Hey goin440, I'll be in Cades cove in February. Hoping to try out some other roads while I'm down there. Got any suggestions?

Old 10-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Chitown_COOP
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
You'll have to view the html source and look at the part that comes after my /div part. I ripped the code off from Vampyr David's sig which looks like it has some sort of Tagalo or something in it...I dunno!? I thought it looked weird, so I stole it!

Old 10-01-2003, 02:56 PM
bbmykal
4th Gear
this is my only post today, WAY too busy at work to get to more. But I'm MINI-less at least until monday when the damage is all repaired.

So we are all still here just busy.

Old 10-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Redbird73
Coordinator :: St. Louis MINI Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Hey nynone4 good to see ya! I have upgraded my DAS (Deer Alert System) and no hits since!
>>
>>It really sux that two of the biggest events in the near future are on the same day! Can't be in South Bend AND Missouri! I'm opting for the Southern Missouri event, I love those country drives! Hope to see a lot of you there!

SumWon,
We look forward to seeing you at the road rally on the 18th! Be sure to visit the thread posted in Midwest and STLMINI forums for RSVP details. One more cool thing; MiniMania is sponsoring the event. We all get prizes for attending!

Aaron

Old 10-02-2003, 05:33 AM
inioway
6th Gear
Sorry if I am repeating or not responding to anything relevant on this thread. I am almost late for work and the title hit home. I post one asking about owners in the Eastern Iowa area. Another owner and I see a few around, wanted to find a club or start one, so I posted. I only got one response indicating there is a group in Omaha. Although nice to know, Omaha is much further away than Chicago (Iowa City so about 3 1/2 hours). We are lonely. Anyone out there in Iowa or Western Illinois have ideas? Again, I'll read the whole thread when I am not at risk of being chastised for being late.

Old 10-02-2003, 05:41 AM
SumWon
5th Gear
Thanks Red, just put in for my space! Hadn't seem MiniMania was involved, that's great! Looking forward to seeming some of that beautiful Missouri country side. Lots and curves and hills right?!?! :smile:

Old 10-02-2003, 05:41 AM
SumWon
5th Gear
Thanks Red, just put in for my space! Hadn't seem MiniMania was involved, that's great! Looking forward to seeming some of that beautiful Missouri country side. Lots and curves and hills right?!?! :smile:

Old 10-02-2003, 03:42 PM
gobsmaked
3rd Gear
>>Peoria, Illinois checking in here. Not too many MINIs here in the area, but I do see some. I've talked with SumWon on the Central Illinois Imports site I think (didn't you have a run-in with a deer?).
>>
>>BTW - that big Mini meet is in Rockford, Illlinois. info here:
>>Midwest Mini Meet

nynone4 thanks for the link to the MINI Meets West site. Sorry for messing up the name of the city. I just looked at the site and see it is taking place the same time I am in Hawaii. Bummer, but there will be a lot of MINI's from the Rocky Mountain Region there. MOTR and MADMEN have a long history of supporting each other at events. Now if I can figure out how to get the wife to agree to change the dates of our Hawaii trip so I can make it to this meet, hmmmm. O:-)

Old 10-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Superdave
3rd Gear
i am around quite often. The site went through some weird times recently and was definitely not what I wanted to see,so I did not post much. I may be wrong but it seems to be getting back to what it was like when I first started visiting.

I am looking forward to some of the activities that the Chicago club has in the works.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:03 PM
capsaicinmini
2nd Gear
>>i am around quite often. The site went through some weird times recently and was definitely not what I wanted to see,so I did not post much. I may be wrong but it seems to be getting back to what it was like when I first started visiting.

SD - ditto here...I'm glad that at least in the MW area we escaped the rash of inane postings. Let's keep this thread alive so we have a place to come for relief from the "flames".

Old 10-02-2003, 08:23 PM
rrypma
4th Gear
>>I'm always here, but i never have anything to say...

A real Midwesterner, eh?

We're the strong silent type.

rrypma
Michigander now in NY.
:smile:

Old 10-02-2003, 09:00 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
I too had slowed down on my postings. Let's keep our Midwest forum going. All displaced Midwesterners also welcome. Hope to meet some of you at Phil Wicks & in Rockford next year

Lois

Old 10-03-2003, 07:57 AM
TiMINITim
3rd Gear
I'm picking up my MINI in Kansas City in less then 24 hours!!!! I live a little to the south in Arkansas but I would love to join in some future events in Missouri/Kansas. I have noticed there hasn't been much activity in this area, but it's nice to see a few of the KC MINI's are hanging around MCO.

As for the Cubs....I am ready for Hell to freeze over. I'm a lifetime cubbies fan after growing up in Chicago. I made it to St. Louis this summer for a game but the cubbies lost....but I did get to see Sammy hit a homer in the 1st. That was good!!!!

Old 10-03-2003, 08:05 AM
goin440
6th Gear
UKNUT

I keep hearing of a stretch of road called "Dragon's Tail..." or...?? Something like 300 turns (1st and 2nd gear turns if you feel brisk) in something like 4 miles or... ?? There are threads about it. Weather's cooling off so not too many bikers will be around... maybe. But its a popular curvy stretch.

Pick up a map of TN, it won't be too difficult to find some swerves.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:05 PM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
Deal's Gap, NC aka Tail of the Dragon.

Old 10-04-2003, 05:00 PM
CooperBeagle
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great day for motoring in northern Indiana today!!! Drove up to Michigan to pick apples. 60 min. out, 60 min. in. When home, I noticed my cell phone had popped off my belt. 60 min. out, 60 min. in. :smile:

God speed.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:34 PM
laclede
3rd Gear
>>Great day for motoring in northern Indiana today!!! Drove up to Michigan to pick apples. 60 min. out, 60 min. in. When home, I noticed my cell phone had popped off my belt. 60 min. out, 60 min. in. :smile:
>>
>>God speed.
>>
>>

Great days here in MO too! Drove the Missouri Southern Road Rally route yesterday (namely so I was sure I wouldn't get 20+ MINIs lost in southern Missouri). The weather was beautiful, the leaves just starting to change, and 3 hours of a drive that felt like a good roller coaster. Those going won't be let down by this route, that's for sure!

Old 10-07-2003, 06:53 PM
lns1122
3rd Gear
I'm checking in a few days later but I do check the Midwest Forum regularly. Otherwise, I've been motoring ... Gran Prix and pit walk, Cincy for the Cubs games ... about 2K miles/month. This week I'm off to St Simon GA and Venice FL so I will miss all the events around on the 18th and 19th.

Thanks for the tip about Central IL Imports website! Anyone else in Spfld IL?

Old 10-08-2003, 11:58 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Hi fellow midwesterners. I am greatly looking forward to the rally in 10 days.

I mostly lurk, that way I don't beat Stove up too bad! :smile:

Old 10-08-2003, 03:35 PM
TwOMINIs
6th Gear
Creeping about here, always wondering when another rally is heading up to Wisconsin. Great weather here in the low 80s today.

Great day for motoring with all the beautiful autumn colors.

See ya on the road.

Old 10-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Thrilhouse
5th Gear
Checking in from Wisconsin...nothing ever happens up here in Wisconsin....

Old 10-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Chitown_COOP
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
Where do you live? There are clubs in Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago (at the very least). Represent!

Old 10-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Superdave
3rd Gear
There were around 25 cars at the Perfect Power tech session today. The ride up was fun. I got a great view of a 911 going tail happy! The tech session was very informative. We are here but out motoring!

Old 10-25-2003, 06:29 PM
BlackKnight
2nd Gear
I've been terribly uncommunicative since just after the August Track Day, which was an absolute blast, and I'm not sure why. At the moment, I'm between jobs and the hunt is taking up most of my time...guess i'm not feeling as sociable these days. I'm definitely still loving my MINI and all the reactions I get driving it. And I"m still tickled pink at the great group of fellow enthusiasts we've stumbled into by buying this cool little car. I'll try to check in more often...Motor On!

Quick Reply: Where are all the Midwesterners? (Why is this forum DEAD?)