Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

Carlisle PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 07:26 AM
Arnster
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might me moving to Carlisle. I have a couple of questions for anyone who might know.

1. Anyone in this area with a MINI?
2. Where is Carlisle?
3. How long will it be to the nearest dealer?

Old 03-28-2003, 08:02 AM
chrishauck10
1st Gear
I actually live in the burbs of Philly at the moment, but moved here from Lancaster a few years ago. I do know the area fairly well as south-central PA is a great area with loads of friendly people. I would put Carlisle about 35-40 minutes west of Harrisburg/Hershey area. The only three Mini dealers are in the Philly area (Don Rosen in Bala Cynwyd, Otto's of West Chester and Princeton (NJ) BWM/Mini) which would be at least a 2 1/2 hour drive from Carlisle on the PA Turnpike. I attend a British car show outside Lancaster (about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Carlisle) in August every year and this past year and I talked with numerous new Mini owners from the Lanco area. The best thing about that part of PA is the great back roads with tons of twisty turns and no traffic to deal with. If you want more info on the Brit car show in August, let me know.

Later,
Chris

Old 03-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Arnster
3rd Gear
Chris,
Thanks for the info. Ijust got off the phone and it is offical. I am moving in 2 weeks! Next winter I will not be able to make fun of you people in the north!

Old 04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
ARitz
1st Gear
Interesting, chances are I'll be going to college right near Carlisle, but sadly my MINI cant join me for my freshman year :???: .

-Andrew

Old 04-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Birdie33
2nd Gear
I bought my MINI at Don Rosen MINI in Bala Cywnyd. NIcely run business and good knowledgable folks. They also have a great relationship with Helix.

I live in Wayne which is west of Philly, but east of Carlisle. Pretty country out there. I'm out that way all the time on business. Let me know if you need anything.

Birdie

Old 04-07-2003, 03:10 PM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
>>I might me moving to Carlisle. I have a couple of questions for anyone who might know.
>>
>>1. Anyone in this area with a MINI?
>>2. Where is Carlisle?
>>3. How long will it be to the nearest dealer?

Arnster- Believe me I know how you feel moving from Ft. Lauderdale to the great white north. I moved from there about 4 years ago to here in Pittsburgh. If it's any consolation the roads here are great fun. It might be a longer stretch for you to come west to a dealership, but if you do we have MoP (Mini of Pittsburgh) for a dealership. If you buy a car from them they'll pay for your free membership to our MINI club. Tell them I sent you and you'll get $50 worth of MINI gear and the club will get $50 too. We are planning at least 1 or 2 events toward the center of the state in the summer. Check out our website and click the newsletter link. On the last page it talks about our June event (Downtown Beach Party) in Bedford PA, which might not be too far for you to hook up with us.

Hope to hear from you soon. Welcome to PA!

Old 04-07-2003, 03:13 PM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
Oops, I forgot to mention, just click the logo below to go there! (Not to be confused with clicking your heels 3 times and saying "there's no place like home"... that will come after your first winter here!

Old 04-07-2003, 06:46 PM
chris@helix
Former Vendor
Welcome to the area. Carlise's location is a car lovers dream. Check out the links for all the shows @ the fairgrounds @ http://www.carsatcarlisle.com They built a very nice auto X course there. We come out each year for the import show @ the end of May , Stop on by and say hello. Summit Point Raceway (http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/) is under two hours from your new digs. And a new track, Roush Creek is set to open up Mid summer. We, helix MINIsports, are located just over 100 miles east on the PA Turnpike.

Old 04-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Oilman930
3rd Gear
Best of luck with the move to Carlisle.I know at least one person who lives in Carlisle that has a Mini,and there are a few more owners in the surronding area.Most of them,if not all of them got their Mini's from Don Rosen in Philadelphia,or Towsen in Maryland.

Old 04-20-2003, 08:02 PM
sdmidget
4th Gear
Import Carlisle is the weekend of May 16-18. I will be on the show field with my Cooper on Saturday.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:43 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlisle Import show...

I too will be on the show field, Chili Red MCSC... I'm not aware of any 'club' going per se... Is there?

Old 04-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll be there on Saturday. Not sure if with the MINI though.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:55 AM
paul_
4th Gear
I live in the burbs of philly as well and commonly see at least 1 MINI almost every day. I live in Haverford, to be exact. anyone else from around there? If so, please PM me. Anyway, welcome to the Penn. MINI Club! C y'all around.

-Paul