Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

DC Area - SIRIUS or XM - Roady installation.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:22 AM
kraigster414
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC Area - SIRIUS or XM - Roady installation.

I have XM radio now (Roady). Reception is good in the car, fair/lousy indoors at home with the home kit. The probelm with the Roady/Roady 2 is the antenna. I have the wire going out the hatch back, antenna mounted on the rear of the roof. I keep getting a warning signal that my hatchback is not closed securely - wow the sensor must be sensitive because the hatchback locks just fine. Anyway to get around this? I guess the Sirius equivalent unit will cause the same problem, right?

Reception wise, any differences between the two driving around the Wash DC Area?

Thanks!

Old 03-12-2005, 05:01 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Put the antenna on your dash or on the rear shelf, it'll work just fine. I've had the antenna for my Sirius Audiovox Shuttle for a year and a half and reception is the same as what I get in my other car which has the antenna on the roof.

Old 03-12-2005, 12:36 PM
kraigster414
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Put the antenna on your dash or on the rear shelf, it'll work just fine. I've had the antenna for my Sirius Audiovox Shuttle for a year and a half and reception is the same as what I get in my other car which has the antenna on the roof.
I'll give it a try. It would certainly make things easier. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:49 AM
kraigster414
2nd Gear
I have the antenna mounted on the passenger side rear roof, wire threaded through the hatch, wire hidden in the hatch molding, no warning light that the hatch is open (I think this was just a problem with my other car), and the XM signal is stonger than it was on my old Mini. All systems are a go. :smile: I just wish I had a better place to mount the receiver (Roady). Right now, it's in the right front cup holder on its side. Does the job though and doesn't move around.

PS: Just for the heck of it, I tried the Roady out with the antenna mounted in the interior of the car - weak signal. I don't recommend at least not in my neck of the woods (Springfield/Franconia, VA).