Massachusetts Motoring Club An owners club for residents of Massachusetts and neighboring states to promote communication with other members via its on-line forum and to encourage the organization of motoring events. Visit our club site at www.massmotoringclub.com

boston

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
kpipes
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boston

You guys do any meets in Boston?

Old 02-18-2015, 03:47 PM
WrenchMonkey
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope, haven't been able to find one. Used to live in Stonington, I'm in Newport RI these days, but I would be opposed to a meet up somewhere between here and there.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:14 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Up till a a couple summers ago, there was semi-regular meetups at Greasy's Garage out in Worcester.... sometimes a cookout, sometimes a group ride...still a couple events a year...sometimes to go to berry picking, etc...kinda depends what folks are up too...
but this time of year...not much...
There was a weekly ice-cream thingy timL was doing for a bit...think it was up towards Lawrence/Lowell....
most info is usually posted on the ACTUAL club website....

Old 02-19-2015, 04:54 AM
TimL
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Mass. Motoring Club website (affiliated with the Worcester-based Greasy's Garage folks, as noted above by ZippyNH) has been pretty quiet lately, but that may be more a function of the season than anything else. MINI activities tend to bloom like crocuses come springtime.

The Wednesday night "MINI Night" at Heritage Farm in Lowell (we used to run from Memorial Day to Labor Day) sort of petered out once it became "MINIs and Maxis Night" -- a bunch of guys in 4x4s happened to show up one night last summer, and the each week thereafter it was more guys (mostly) in loud, jacked-up trucks and fewer and fewer folks in MINIs. Very different crowd. I had a class on Wednesdays this past summer, so one of the other organizers (Bill, aka Panaphobic) and the rest of the MINI folks decided to take the MINI show on the road and explore other ice cream options in the area. I think they ended up meeting well into the fall.

Bill has a "MINIs of Boston" Facebook page, which I'd recommend checking out, although it looks like not too much has been happening recently. Bill has also organized a "MINIs in Foliage" run the past couple of autumns, so something to keep an eye on.

There was also a group that met up closer to Boston (e.g., Watertown area) a couple of times last year....

Of course, keep an eye on the Monadnock Berries run in the summer, as Zippy mentioned, as well as "MINIs on Top" -- if that fine tradition continues again this year.

And when in doubt, start your own meet-up! Put out feelers here and on the other sites -- especially once we all thaw out and the weather starts to get nicer -- and I'm sure you'll manage to get a few folks to come out to join you.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:10 AM
kpipes
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks I'll check it out

Old 02-19-2015, 06:37 AM
WrenchMonkey
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've looked at all the club listings and liked a couple Facebook pages but it's all old meets or very infrequent meets and spam (on Facebook). I'd like to see a weekly or bi weekly meeting. Anyone else interested?