Manitoba MINI Motoring Club The club forum for the Manitoba MINI Motoring Club.

LET'S GET TOGETHER

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
MINIPEG
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LET'S GET TOGETHER

Hi: It's been two years since I bought my Mini (8,000 km already!) and I'm hoping that there will be some opportunities to get together with other Mini owners this summer. In 2007, we were on a run that started at Mini Winnipeg and ended with a picnic at St. Vital Park, plus a fall run along River Road and back down Henderson Highway with the BMW club. There was nothing like that last year, but I do recall some Mini owners on this forum organizing some coffee get-togethers (which were unfortunately on days when we couldn't make it.)

Does anyone plan to organize something this spring or summer? It doesn't have to be anything elaborate with prizes and free food, but it would be fun to have at least a couple of events this year. I'm willing to help organize something, but would prefer not to do it alone.

Russ (MINIPEG)

Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 AM
MINI MB
1st Gear
I just read your message.
If you reply, there is still time to organize an Aug. meet with other MINI owners in Winnipeg.
MINI MB

Old 07-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Ya Boy
Neutral
Originally Posted by MINI MB
I just read your message.
If you reply, there is still time to organize an Aug. meet with other MINI owners in Winnipeg.
MINI MB
Hey, I'm just outside of Winnepeg....I'd be interested in getting together for a meet....what dates were you guys thinking?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:21 PM
MINIPEG
Neutral
We're definitely interested

I'd pretty much given up. A lot of people viewed my posting but there were no responses until now. This is encouraging.

I think we should keep this really simple. How about meeting somewhere (The Forks is pretty central) and then driving somewhere (maybe the Half Moon on Henderson) on a Sunday afternoon? We're okay for the 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th.

These are just suggestions, and we're open to alternatives.

If you're interested, let me know and we'll decide on the details.

Russ

Old 08-08-2009, 08:33 PM
MINI MB
1st Gear
Great idea to organize a MINI cruise. The route to Lockport and the Half Moon Drive Inn via River Road would be excellent. We could meet at the Forks. I suggest Aug.23/2009 starting at say 1 PM at the Forks. We could meet in the turn-about in front of the Inn at the Forks.
We are only available on the Aug.23 date, as the rest of the Aug. week-ends are booked.
Hope this works out for all those reading this. Perhaps we could contact MINI Winnipeg and ask if they would send out a mailing to all MINI owners, or we could use the Aug.23 meet to plan a further Fall cruise that could involve MINI Winnipeg in promoting the meet.
Regards,
Ron and Joyce
MINI MB

Last edited by MINI MB; 08-09-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:06 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
I'll make it too. I've been collecting names along the way in the hopes of organizing something. I'll pass this info along to those I've collected. Also, I have pics from MINI United 09 in England..I went in May....thought you'd be interested in those!

See you there.
Dennis