Manitoba MINI Motoring Club The club forum for the Manitoba MINI Motoring Club.

2008 Events Planning

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
MINI MB
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Events Planning

Happy 2008 to all MINI owners.
Lets hold a planning discussion for 2008 events. I suggest that we start with a coffee meeting or a meeting at MINI Wpg. to plan 2008 events. We also belong to the Wpg. smart fortwo Club, and they have regular coffee meetings to keep up to date. Perhaps we could try more regular meets to keep up activity in the MINI Club.
Ron and Joyce

Old 01-02-2008, 09:15 PM
kstrieby
Coordinator :: Manitoba MINI Motoring Club
Hi Ron and Joyce,

Thanks for the kick upside my head here :-)

Would either of you be available over the next few days to meet with me?

I am off work until Monday, Jan. 7th.

To set up events with MINI Winnipeg dealer support we would need to meet with Ernie Joyal or Kevin Ryan at MINI Winnipeg . We would also need MINI Winnipeg to tell us who to invite. (The club member e-mail list I got from Briget is lacking a couple years worth of new MINI owners.) MINI Winnipeg/Birchwood BMW understandably has legal privacy concerns about releasing their MINI customer e-mail list to us.

What kinds of activities are you interested in doing? Charity cruises, autocross, time/distance rallies, defensive driving classes ... ?

Cheers,
Karl

Originally Posted by MINI MB
Happy 2008 to all MINI owners.
Lets hold a planning discussion for 2008 events. I suggest that we start with a coffee meeting or a meeting at MINI Wpg. to plan 2008 events. We also belong to the Wpg. smart fortwo Club, and they have regular coffee meetings to keep up to date. Perhaps we could try more regular meets to keep up activity in the MINI Club.
Ron and Joyce

Old 01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
MINI MB
1st Gear
Hi Karl:
I think we could target an event for Spring involving MINI Winnipeg. If we had a charity component to the event, that would additionally benefit society. A Spring event would give us time for planning with MINI Wpg. In the near term, perhaps the idea of some of us MINI owners meeting for coffee to start the planning would work to involve more people. You could use whatever owners list you have to start the process.
Regards,
Lets Motor
Ron and Joyce

Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 AM
JCWGurl
Coordinator :: Manitoba MINI Motoring Club
Hi Karl, the email list is one that was compiled as a result of people who attended our events. There is no way MINI Winnipeg will give you any contact info (privacy and stuff as mentioned above). Your best bet is to approach Ernie to send something out from his end. They have an intern each year that works with their marketing department who they have put me in touch with (different student every year) who has much more time than Ernie or Kevin so perhaps enquire as to if there is another student intern.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:13 PM
63MCS
1st Gear
Event at Gimli Motorsport Park Aug 23rd 24th.

Hi Karl,

An event that you may want to consider is "tenth" Annual Vintage race weekend at Gimli this August 23rd and 24th. It is organized by the Winnipeg Sports Car Club. Activities for the MINIS could include participation in the show and shine, track touring (parade laps), pace car opportunities, speed laps after the races on Saturday, and great racing to watch including classic Minis.

There is always some BMW Minis in attendance (including ours) and it would be great to have a strong representation of our Mini Heritage.

Cheers,
Dyrk.
(204) 334-2415 WK.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
MINI MB
1st Gear
There is a great idea to work on. I have done some sky-diving at the Gimli drop zone which is right next to the race track. We could organize a JUMP and MOTOR weekend for MINI owners.
Lets try to get a coffee group together to plan further events.
Regards,
Ron