Manitoba MINI Motoring Club The club forum for the Manitoba MINI Motoring Club.

Sad news

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
JCWGurl
Coordinator :: Manitoba MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad news

This summer has been a real whirlwind for Mark and myself with lots of exciting things happening and many things moving forward with our business....unfortunately this also resulted in no dedicated MINI club events. Sadly, I must say that starting Tuesday, September 11th, our beloved "Rex" will be returning to his maker (or at least to MINI Winnipeg) for the next lucky driver I'd really love to help someone keep this club alive if anyone is interested PM me and I can get you started! MINI Winnipeg has promised me a MINI to attend the events so I am still wanting to stay "in touch" and have a cool club.

I would like to say a big thanks to Karl, Ernie, Kevin, Patrick, Paul and the rest of the gang over there for being the BEST DEALERSHIP that I have EVER had the privilage in dealing with! Rex was wonderful but it's time to let someone else have the joy while we wait for what our future holds (maybe a 335 coupe? maybe a stage 2 JCW?) whatever our path will be Birchwood will be the absolute first people that we would see!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Sad to say.....what will we do with you and Rex? Just as I started getting going! We will miss the 2 of you!

Old 09-12-2007, 06:36 PM
lotsie
Banned
Sorry to hear you are sending Rex back. Guess you can start looking at 08s now though. Sure hope someone steps up to run the club.

Mark

Old 09-13-2007, 06:35 PM
kstrieby
Gosh, Bridget, that is sad news, indeed!

I'm sure that Rex will find a new home -- he was just too cool sitting next to the H2 at Lower Fort Garry last summer to go begging for long (see attached).

Hmm...who's going to snaffle up the Manitoba TI 3VOM plate now? Not some low-life H2 driver, let's hope...

Attached Thumbnails Sad news-web-hummerandmini.jpg  
Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 AM
MB MINI
Neutral
Bridget: You did a great job keeping the MINI Club active. I suggest that you consider continuing to head up the club organizing and use a Birchwood MINI for events until you get your new MINI. Your energy really made the club motor.
Thanks for all your efforts,
Ron and Joyce

Last edited by MB MINI; 09-22-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 AM
JCWGurl
Thanks everyone You guys are the ones who make the club! Hopefully Friday I can announce that we have a new leader I hope to stay on and help as much as possible!

I've kept the TI 3V0M plates but they are on the Daytona for now. I have about 5 years until my next new car....we bought a 2004 Porsche Boxter for now.

Rex is at Birchwood and he looks so good! Honestly, Mark and I had a little cry the day we took him back. Mark was making a CD of pictures for Patrick at Birchwood and we got all choked up

Old 09-20-2007, 07:51 PM
kstrieby
Originally Posted by JCWGurl
I've kept the TI 3V0M plates but they are on the Daytona for now. I have about 5 years until my next new car....we bought a 2004 Porsche Boxter for now.
Glad the plates are in safe hands. They would be way scary on a H2.

Well, the good news is that you can still hang out with all the cool folks in the Porsche club...and that's NOT to say that you will ever be unwelcome with this gang, after all you and Mark have done!