Magical Mystery MINI Tour 2008 (September 5-7, 2008) San Francisco, California

A heartfelt thank you..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:57 PM
zied
Coordinator :: Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A heartfelt thank you..

The Magical Mini Mystery Tour is now a fond memory. This event was indeed a labor of love for many REME members and some club sponsors, spending over 12 months in tireless dedicated planning of one of the most successful National Mini-MINI Enthusiasts club sponsored events in the US in 2008.

We had a few road blocks along the way, like our inability to get a large corporate sponsor to bank roll us and our dificulty getting national recognition with much of the "good ol' boy" US MINI establishment. With the help of MC2 Magazine and Mini Mania, we were indeed able to get quality vendors and market our vision to the US Mini-MINI Community.

Time will show that we indeed succeeded, and I think we did it with the support and dedication of the entire active membership of Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts. As the founder of this truely unique club, I want to personally thank all enthusiasts who participated in the planning and execution of MMMT. Aditionally I want to thank all of the vendors and participants. Without your attendance and energetic participation, this could not be the party that we all enjoyed, one which raises the bar significantly for all future National MINI events.

Again, thank you.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
roymo
2nd Gear
Wow, what a great event - we had a blast! Huge thanks to everyone at REME who worked so hard to host it.
What was the final MINI head count?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
On Saturday night we had the most MINI/Minis there. The count was 350. With people coming and going it was not easy to get a count. We had 640 people for dinner and the banquet.

We had 125+ Minis for Saturday morning's run across the Golden Gate Bridge (with two CHP cruisers).

On Sunday morning we served 250 breakfasts at the beach and 50 more with coffee only. We had 150+ MINI/Minis on the Steve McQueen Memorial Run.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:49 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I'm truly sorry I missed this event. I was tied up in town and couldn't get away. I welcome the opportunity to attend a future run, though!

My service advisor, Hans enthusiastically recommended my attendance. I was introduced to the REME through another member who was at my dealer at the same time I was having my car serviced. Very nice folks, those REME members!

I enjoyed the photo galleries of the event on the official REME site.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:16 AM
jimz68
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zied

Again, thank you.

No.....

THANK YOU!!!!!!
And everyone else in the planning and execution of MMMT.
I had a great time despite all of the running around I had to do shooting photos for MC2.
The dinner was GREAT!!! I made sure to tell the catering folks how good it was.
I'll be posting photos soon.

Thanks Again and Congrats on putting on a fun event!!

Jim Williams