Lowcountry MINIS Club (Charleston, SC) The Lowcountry MINIS Club forum (Charleston, SC). Visit our club site at www.wecantdrive.com/forum/portal.php

Tinting and vinyl stripes

Old 12-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Squadron
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tinting and vinyl stripes

Hey guys!

I'm curious about where to get my Cooper's windows tinted in the lowcountry. Anyone know of a good, reputable place?

And any suggestions on what percentage to get it tinted? I've got a dark silver, I think a heavier tint would look amazing, but I'm open to suggestions.

Also, I tried to apply vinyl bonnet stripes this weekend... and kind of succeeded. They're filled with little bubbles even though I tried my hardest to make sure we were laying it evenly. I'm going to have to buy another set and try again, but I'm curious if anyone knows where I could get those put on professionally, or any other tips.

Thanks!

Old 12-26-2008, 11:50 AM
El_Griton
6th Gear
I went to the shop thats across from sonics at 17 and 41. I got the guy right before they closed and he did it in like 30 mins, perfectly, with no bubbles, and I had stickers on the inside that he removed. it was pretty impressive. cost was 125 cash, and I got the darkest legal tint i could. the installers are the best ones to ask about what tint to get.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM
GT_MINI
1st Gear
I had GW Tinting do mine. Summerville, Trolley Rd and Miles Rd (behind the Suzuki dealership). I went with the darkest legal in SC. You can check it out at the January meet if you want. I'm very happy with the quality of the tint and the customer service I got from GW. I also paid right around $100 for all 5 windows.

I had my SVT Lightning tinted at SunShades on Cross County Rd (they do not exist anymore), and was satisfied with the tint for 4 years. However, after 4 years now my tint has rippled where it slides on the felt-like material on the driver's side door. Guess it was from humidity and constant usage. I still feel like I got my $60 out of the tint. GW said he'd remove that other company's tint and replace it with his stuff for ~$75. That reminds me, I need to take my truck to GW for him to fix my tint. Thanks!

Bobby