Lowcountry MINIS Club (Charleston, SC) The Lowcountry MINIS Club forum (Charleston, SC). Visit our club site at www.wecantdrive.com/forum/portal.php

Helen GA

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:19 PM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helen GA

Hi Everyone,

I know this is absolutely scary, that I am trying to get organized this much in advanced, but I am putting an overnight trip together in February. Feb 23 and 24th. David and I will be going up on the 22nd in case anyone wants to come up for an extra night. I wanted to do something fun for Valentine's day, that doesn't necessarily mean couples. Just a nice getaway for miniacs.
I called today, to talk about reservations and the like. So.. the hotel I wanted, was too far out of town, so I chose a different one. Now the gentleman I spoke to on the phone, said this hotel has done "car events" before. The prices aren't too bad. They don't normally discount prices, unless we book 20 rooms. Although that would be wickedly cool to do, I'm not sure we will book that many rooms.
Here is the price breakdown on a room.
$54.00 a night for a standard room NOT over looking the river
$79.00 a night overlooking the river

If your more interested in a room with a fireplace/jacuzzi, that requires a two night minimum at $150.00 to $170.00 a night.

They are right in the middle of town, so facilities to eat @ won't be that difficult to find. David and I will go up in January, scout out perhaps a fun drive and some great restaraunts. Depending on the response, we can even look to find a restaraunt for saturday night, that can accomodate all of us. Also, we can put some fun stuff together to go and do when every one arrives.
I wanted some input, about putting this out to the Atlanta, Florida, Charleston mini's as well, and see just how many people would could get. I think it would be great for all of us to get together in a different place.
From what I have read, Helen is fantastic. Having moved here from Germany, I look forward to going to this little Bavarian town.

If you book before the 29th of January, and we get 15 rooms booked by then, then we will get a $5.00 discount. We have close to the 15 now, with some mini's coming from GA and Charleston as well.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 PM
soliloquiet
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i could. I'm going to be going thru there in about a week so i'll give a travel report. Going to be in FL for that last week of Feb.