Looking for qualified non dealer mechanic in ATX

Old 05-06-2015, 12:26 PM
KerMini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for qualified non dealer mechanic in ATX

I'm in Dallas, my daughter and her 2010 Cooper are in ATX. I already got fleeced at the dealer for brakes and want to avoid another costly trip. Can anyone in the Austin area recommend a qualified, experienced mechanic to take her car to? Thanks, Stuart.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 AM
Harlan Stanley
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I've got a intake valve blasting machine and a pile of tools. I had a real good experience with another Mini Meetup user over the weekend where we replaced the thermostat housing and the tail pipe to the water pump. I am just a person able to perform the work on the Mini in my driveway on the weekends. You're more than welcome to hang out and watch what I do, and am very professional about everything.
So, I'm offering the service of intake valve blasting - 800, valve cover gasket replacement - 75 , thermostat housing and pipe replacement - 400, spark plug replacement - 75. I think I can do brakes for about 200 - maybe a little less depending on if it's pads and rotors vs just pads. I can also do the Detroit Oil line along with all the goodies for 900 - this is an overnight project.
Prices above is for labor - bring your own parts.
Again, I do all my own work on everything I've owned since I was old enough to turn a wrench. I live right next to the mini dealer so getting parts is easy and there is an Advance, Auto-zone and O'rileys in the neighborhood.

Let me know what ails ya!

I'd prefer to do same day service, so come early Saturday or Sunday and I'll have you out by lunch or shortly thereafter.