JCW F56 Catless Downpipe + JB4 Stage 2 Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 02:36 AM
carlosrosas1979
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F56 Catless Downpipe + JB4 Stage 2 Question

Hello guys!!! I'm thinking about installing a jb4 and a catless milltek downpipe on my F56 JCW. My question is, would the check engine light turn on after the installation? I'm thinking about running the jb4 on stage 2 since I got the catless dp and a custom intake. Any of you guys have this same combination already on your f56? Thanks!!!

Old 11-14-2017, 04:34 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Yes you will get a CEL from that downpipe. I ran that exact setup and got a CEL within 40 miles of driving.

The JB4 has the ability to auto clear the CEL so you never see it. The million dollar question which Burger Tuning never answered for me is that when it clears that CEL does it reset all fuel trim data back to zero, so every 30-40 miles when it clears the CEL your car goes through an "adaptation process" of sorts. My guess is it does and that is why they didn't answer my question about it.

I currently run a milltek catless downpipe with Bytetronik software. They are able to disable the CEL from the downpipe the "proper" way. Also the car feels tons better compared to the JB4.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:45 AM
carlosrosas1979
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got it thanks for the heads up!!!
I got another question... is it possible to have installed the jb4 stage 2 and have the ocd2 available?
I just wanted to install a scan gauge so I can track the psi, but it uses the ocd2 just like the JB4

Old 11-14-2017, 06:01 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
There is no "stage 2" with the JB4.

You can install the JB4 and not use the obd2 connector, it will just always run in map 1. Honestly if you aren't going to use the obd2 connector and the advantages that come with it over the competition then I would suggest you to just get the piggyback from NM since it's cheaper.

You cannot use the scangauge or anything that plugs into the obd2 port to monitor psi with the JB4. All that you will see is stock psi, not what the JB4 is tricking the car into making. This is due to them connecting to the TMAP sensor and biasing the readings from that sensor.

If you want to accurately measure psi with the JB4 then you would need a boost gauge and one of the map sensor boost taps, NM sells them along with Cravenspeed and others.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:00 AM
Bytetronik
Former Vendor
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by carlosrosas1979
Got it thanks for the heads up!!!
I got another question... is it possible to have installed the jb4 stage 2 and have the ocd2 available?
I just wanted to install a scan gauge so I can track the psi, but it uses the ocd2 just like the JB4
Trentiles is correct: You won't be able to run the Scangauge and the JB4 at the same time since both devices are using the CAN signals.

The alternative would be to have us flash your ECU (you just have to send it into us). We just done two ECUs from overseas a couple of weeks ago... and we are located in Central Texas

Old 11-14-2017, 10:46 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Bytetronik
The alternative would be to have us flash your ECU (you just have to send it into us). We just done two ECUs from overseas a couple of weeks ago... and we are located in Central Texas
Do that. I did it and it's freaking great. AND my exhaust now has pretty cool subtle backfire burbles when I let off the gas at higher RPMs. The guy who did it never told me about that. $500. Well worth it.