JCW Resonator Delete and/or Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 03:51 PM
RyanGreener
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Resonator Delete and/or Muffler Delete

Having trouble finding clips of people with the factory JCW exhaust that has been modified with either of these ideas. In the future, I plan on doing one of these as I feel the stock exhaust is a bit too quiet.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:13 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
I recall seeing a vid about a year ago with a resonator delete on a BMW -- they ended up re-installing because it droned. That's always the issue with exhaust tuning. More noise isn't always equal to better sound.

Lots of things have been done with BMW systems -- and there are similarities, so widen your search to include BMW and you can see what has been done, including gutting the muffler, doing by-pass, adding valves....

Old 08-02-2017, 05:32 PM
mouh60
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScionToMini
Having trouble finding clips of people with the factory JCW exhaust that has been modified with either of these ideas. In the future, I plan on doing one of these as I feel the stock exhaust is a bit too quiet.
Don't know how you feel about the JCW Pro Exhaust. I installed one on my S and it's a blast. Has a sport mode and track mode. Track mode has a nice growl and lots of pops n burbles if you're into that.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:15 AM
marcusfva
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got a resonator delete on my F56 JCW and it sounds very well without droning at all, it is just a little bit louder, deeper timber and with more noisy pops than the stock.
Very cheap but with big worth (90 Eu complete of the two clamps).

This car in the video has the same pipe of mine.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:42 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I've seen people post who deleted the muffler and just had a straight pipe welded in its place they said it sounded great. Cost like $150.