JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

little help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 AM
whtrthanu
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
little help please

I been looking everywhere for info on mods for the 2012 mini s...I have spoke to a few shops as well..There seems be be very limited info on mods for these.
I want 300hp or close to it...rentech told me I need to go into the motor and do a head...BS! Im not gonna get into what I do for a living....but I do a ton of turbo apps for bikes a well as N/A stuff...theres no way in hell you need to rip the head off..
I need a way to get into the ecu myself...I can add the fuel I need and if needed add a larger injector, or fmu....
The motor itself looks to be able to take about 275 safe..as well as the manual trans....
What I need is info or the place to buy the software and data cable to allow me to flash myself....can anyone help me out?
I am currently using ecu editor and rom raider for my bike stuff...works good...but NO ONE will tell me where to get what I need for the car....I think its pretty sad they try and strong hold that info...In the bike community we share all data and even tuning files....

Old 12-22-2012, 07:26 AM
submitaweasel
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one I know of has spent the money on the R&D necessary to develop the program you're looking for with regards to the N14 engine...which is probably why you can't find anything.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:30 AM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
You may get more success in the gen 2 threads...
But from what I've read, it's a pita to upgrade the turbo minis. You basically have to swap the entire turbo setup, bc minis use an internal waste gate and BOV.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He said 2012 MCS... If it's not a JCW, it's an N18 engine and THAT'S why there's little info...

Still wrong threads...

Old 12-22-2012, 04:05 PM
submitaweasel
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
He said 2012 MCS... If it's not a JCW, it's an N18 engine and THAT'S why there's little info...

Still wrong threads...
Whoops I had my engines confused. I just a simple first gen owner trying to offer advice

Old 12-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BIG SMILES, Weasel!!

Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM
submitaweasel
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
BIG SMILES, Weasel!!