JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Seat costs: !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Siggi_Churchill
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>
>>They're $2200 for the pair not each and that'll be for the full leather. The 1/2 leather/standard cloth should be cheaper.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your information because I really want it to be true.

Old 01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
LMB
2nd Gear
>>Dont get JCW seats, get sparco. I think it is stupid how much JCW and MINI charge for everything. how about the price of driving lots? $900 somthing?
------------------------------------------

JCW seats are basically retrimmed Sparco's.

Here's some information on Prices/Details for the UK if you're interested

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48790

Old 01-13-2004, 08:22 AM
doomsdaybob
4th Gear
>>I'd buy your sport seats - except I need the heaters. One reason I haven't gone Recaro or Sparco is because of the heated seat issue. Call me a wuss or whatever you like, but I like 'em on single digit days. And my wife would truly question my sanity for "upgrading" to non - heated sport seats.
>>

Check out http://www.autoleathers.com They have cloth and leather sport seats and now are offering heater elements. Just replace thier supplied switches w/ factory switches and you are good to go.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:32 AM
dcsmd007
Coordinator :: PDX MINI

>>Check out http://www.autoleathers.com They have cloth and leather sport seats and now are offering heater elements. Just replace thier supplied switches w/ factory switches and you are good to go.

But it's not JCW. :smile:

Old 01-13-2004, 08:34 AM
dcsmd007
>>
>>Here's some information on Prices/Details for the UK if you're interested
>>
>>http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48790
>>

Good info! LMB :smile:

Do you know if the seat comes with heating element and side airbag? :smile:

Old 01-13-2004, 08:35 AM
dandp
6th Gear
it can be retrofitted into any seat
How about a how-to then? I need an excuse to buy some Recaros....

Old 01-13-2004, 01:32 PM
dcsmd007
According to MINI2, the price of JCW seats in GB ranges from US$1000-1100/seat, which isn't bad at all, considering Sparco Milano leather seat costs $1200/seat. If I'm not mistaken, JCW seats are made by Sparco. The only problem is that JCW seats are not available in the US.

Old 01-13-2004, 01:47 PM
fms
5th Gear
>>According to MINI2, the price of JCW seats in GB ranges from US$1000-1100/seat, which isn't bad at all, considering Sparco Milano leather seat costs $1200/seat. If I'm not mistaken, JCW seats are made by Sparco. The only problem is that JCW seats are not available in the US. >>

From what I understand, it's designing in the airbags which is driving up the seat price, whereas the Euro versions don't need them, so they're half as expensive and not available over here. MINI is apparently requiring this feature on US models. Re: the price: my MA is making an educated guess (along w/ his service manager) of a price of over 4 K for both seats. EACH seat will be 2 K or more. Overpriced? Probably. Would I like to have them on my JCW MCS? Absolutely. Can I afford them? Don't know yet. I do know I want heated seats w/ airbags. Might have to settle for the perfectly comfortable (IMO) OEM sports seats.

Old 01-13-2004, 02:38 PM
dcsmd007
If side airbags are incorporated into the seat, that can easily drive up the price. From what I understand, JCW seats will not be available in the US at all.

Old 01-13-2004, 02:48 PM
LMB
2nd Gear
>>If side airbags are incorporated into the seat, that can easily drive up the price. From what I understand, JCW seats will not be available in the US at all.
The JCW's seats don't come with side airbags.

The info I received from Mini doesn't mention anything about offering a heated seat, but I doubt it's an option.

Old 01-13-2004, 04:56 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
I find it hard to believe that anything coming from JCW's retrimmed Sparco Milano would be less expensive than the standard fare. No way The regular price for a pair of Milanos in all black leather costs around $2800 plus not including shipping.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:13 PM
fms
5th Gear
Since we're all still sort of guessing, none of this will matter, but my understanding to date is that the JCW seats WILL be heated (if that option is ordered), and they WILL come w/ airbags. This information is not definitive, but it is not my opinion alone- others in positions to know have voiced the same thoughts. As usual, only time will tell. Perhaps they'll give up on the idea entirely. Won't be the first time for such a reversal.

Old 01-14-2004, 04:04 PM
LMB
2nd Gear
>>Since we're all still sort of guessing, none of this will matter, but my understanding to date is that the JCW seats WILL be heated (if that option is ordered), and they WILL come w/ airbags. This information is not definitive, but it is not my opinion alone- others in positions to know have voiced the same thoughts. As usual, only time will tell. Perhaps they'll give up on the idea entirely. Won't be the first time for such a reversal.
>>
I'm not guessing - I got a print out from my dealership. The seats definitely don't come with side airbags and there is no mention of heated seats being an option.

I'm guessing that the seats are Sparcos though but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere. If you take a look at Sparco Milano's they look IDENTICAL.

Old 03-31-2004, 09:15 AM
rob_lewis
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just found out about these (I drive an MC, so I never really even looked at the JCW package)

Any updated news? Are they offered in the US? Don't care about the heating element and really don't mind the airbag option, either.

I considered aftermarket, but I would lose the tilt/slide feature. With a 3 year old in the back, that's not really an option. My wife's Civic doesn't have tilt/slide on the driver's seat and it's really annoying. (Amazing what kids will do to your perspective)

From what I've read, so far, the tilt/slide is still in place on the JCW seats.

So, anybody got news?

-Rob

Old 03-31-2004, 03:59 PM
minicoopermike
6th Gear
You can check with your dealer - I don't think they are available in the U.S. (yet). But somebody in the UK just had them installed. Check out this link:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55214

'02 S2000 Spa Yellow/Black - HKS exhaust, OEM hardtop, Infinity rears

Old 03-31-2004, 04:31 PM
BlueMCS
5th Gear
Yes....and before you waltz in to your local Mini Cooper Dealer and say:

Hey, I wanna buy those really nifty JCW seats for $4,400

Here's a little pre-lube for ya....

Old 03-31-2004, 05:03 PM
mcs22004
5th Gear
>>Talked to my dealership's service manager yesterday about the upcoming JCW seats. She thinks they're going to cost about $2200 apiece. Not a pair, apiece! $4400 for both fronts. Yikes! I was thinking about them, but at that price, I doubt I'll be able to swing it. They're available outside of the USA w/out the airbags, though I don't know for how much. The airbag upgrade is apparently what's pushing the price so high.

These are the David Hannum special edition seats.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
BlueMCS
5th Gear
>>These are the David Hannum special edition seats.<<'

That is VERY FUNNY!!!!!

I never knew who said that.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Jayar
3rd Gear
Aren't there airbags in the sides of the seats on the MINI? If so, I guess this adds to the cost. They're still crazy expensive, though.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:47 PM
rob_lewis
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Yes....and before you waltz in to your local Mini Cooper Dealer and say:
>>
>>Hey, I wanna buy those really nifty JCW seats for $4,400
>>
>>Here's a little pre-lube for ya....
>>
>>

LOL!!

So, the final price was $4400, not the $1000 per seat like some of the posts mentioned?

Oh well, nevermind.

-Rob

Old 04-01-2004, 09:30 AM
05JCWS
6th Gear
Price doesn't seem so bad. About $1100-$1200 a seat for full leather. I am not so concerned about the airbag. I may have to buy these. I can get them shipped to my European address, and then from there, I can ship them back to the US. I may try this. Will cost some in shipping, but they would be unique.

Old 04-01-2004, 05:41 PM
05JCWS
6th Gear
Okay, I have thought about this and now I am really getting interested. I will have to call either JCW tomorrow or a dealership in Europe. I had heard that they could include the seat heaters as well. Not sure how much it would cost to ship them to the US.

Second question. How much would a pair of unused lapis blue leather sports seats with heaters go for on NAM? Does anyone know what they retail for? Is there interest for the factory seats if I were to sell mine?

Old 04-01-2004, 07:38 PM
BlueMCS
5th Gear
1st - If you really want performance seats why would you want these? They are not significantly lighter. They are covered in leather so you can slide around instead of sticking like you want to. Yes, they look very pretty but so do the stock ones and we all know how much they suck!

2nd - When I tried to sell my seats some guy wanted to pay me $150 for it. It now sits in my play room in front of the force feedback steering wheel that powers my PS2 based GT3 game. It is perfect! It must be what Mini designed the seat for. If the g-forces are imaginary than the slippery leather and no side bolstering doesn't make any difference.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:19 AM
05JCWS
6th Gear
>>1st - If you really want performance seats why would you want these? They are not significantly lighter. They are covered in leather so you can slide around instead of sticking like you want to. Yes, they look very pretty but so do the stock ones and we all know how much they suck!
>>
>>2nd - When I tried to sell my seats some guy wanted to pay me $150 for it. It now sits in my play room in front of the force feedback steering wheel that powers my PS2 based GT3 game. It is perfect! It must be what Mini designed the seat for. If the g-forces are imaginary than the slippery leather and no side bolstering doesn't make any difference.

Let me first start by saying, your sig is very disturbing. I hope this isn't a picture into your mind.

I know the seats aren't the very best at holding you in your seat. If I was fully going for that I would get an F-14 seat with a five point harness and a G-suit. What I am looking for is a seat that you feel snug in (unlike the current sport seats), match the interior (lapis blue- which you would have a hard time matching without some cost), and blend in a little with the interior (the JCW badges don't hurt either). They are about $100 cheaper than a comparable Sparco Milano seat, without the lapis blue leather or the factory heated seat option. So all-in-all it isn't so bad. I do agree with cloth holding you better, but I don't like cloth in general, so I have leather, that obviously limits my choices to leather to match the interior.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:19 AM
dandp
6th Gear
dgszweda1 - I may be interested in your stocker seats...being that even the Sparco Milano is too snug for me. I have the non-sport seats, and find them uncomfortable. I really want to keep the heater function because A) my wife would go nuts , and B) I like 'em!

Quick Reply: JCW Seat costs: !!!!