Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Bird poo on the paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Knuckle_Sandwich
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this has irritate everyone. Within an 4 hour window, one of our fine feathered friends found it necessary to bomb my Mini. It has just rained and the car is filthy anyway, so I figure I'll wash it. Everything looks nice and sparkly again, except for this nice hazy spot on the bonnet beside the washer jet.
any one have any suggestions for buffing/polishing it out, or am I just SOL in this matter? I've seen it eat through clear coat, but i wouldn't have thought it would happen so fast.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RW :???:

Old 05-07-2003, 08:27 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey R-dubya,
If you do a search for "clear coat" and "scratch", I know there's one thread under MINI Talk and another under Detailing 101 where a bunch of people have suggested various products to help this situation. I've got a dull spot right by the washer jet on my bonnet as well, and have tried one product so far - no success. I haven't been sufficiently convinced to buy anything else yet. I'm thinking about calling up a detailing shop in town to see if they'll take care of it for some reasonable sum. Good luck!

And by the way, I have had bird poo on my car exactly three times, and ALL THREE TIMES were days on which I had washed my car!!!

Chris

Question: What is the white stuff in bird poop?
Answer: That is bird poop, too.
- Kurt Vonnegut

Borla, Moss intake, Magnecor

Old 05-08-2003, 07:31 AM
Knuckle_Sandwich
1st Gear
"And by the way, I have had bird poo on my car exactly three times, and ALL THREE TIMES were days on which I had washed my car!!! "

That's how it works for me too. It's like those f*&%$ers know it's nice and shiny, and decide that it's time to spoil your efforts.

Old 05-11-2003, 11:19 AM
fms
5th Gear
I have two huge maple trees over my driveway, and if I don't pull all the way into my carport, it's open season. I try to wipe any off as soon as I notice it. Here's hoping a current wax job will keep this stuff from having any permanent effect!!

Old 05-11-2003, 11:30 AM
DocSandi
2nd Gear
Knuckle,

D#*M birds. I would try a "clay block". I use it to remove those pesky little bumps you get in your paint that wax won't take out. You need to use it "after washing" and "before waxing". Will not harm paint or clear coat. Good luck whatever you do!

Old 05-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Knuckle_Sandwich
1st Gear
>>Knuckle,
>>
>>D#*M birds. I would try a "clay block". I use it to remove those pesky little bumps you get in your paint that wax won't take out. You need to use it "after washing" and "before waxing". Will not harm paint or clear coat. Good luck whatever you do!

Did a Clay bar treatment from Mother's and WOW Does it make a huge difference. I was able to get one of the poo stains out, but one still remains. You have to know what you're looking for to find it, but I know it's there.

As far as the birds go, I think I'm just bad luck. No matter where I park, one of them seems to hunt me down. I drove my wifes freshly washed/waxed expedition to work earlier this week and they sh*t on it too. Bad Karma I suppose....

Either way, I'm sold on the Clay bar.
Thanks for the tip,
RW

Old 05-29-2003, 07:48 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>As far as the birds go, I think I'm just bad luck. No matter where I park, one of them seems to hunt me down. I drove my wifes freshly washed/waxed expedition to work earlier this week and they sh*t on it too. Bad Karma I suppose....<<

RW, your driveway must bring the word "juxtaposition" to mind!