Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Hella "Angel Eyes" Driving Lights... Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:45 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hella "Angel Eyes" Driving Lights... Possible?

Has anyone ever mounted a set of these on a Mini?

I'm not having much luck figuring out what the mounting bracket really looks like. Hella is an off-road brand, though, right? I'm wondering if they only mount straight down, like on a light bar... I saw a BMW the other day tooling aorund with something like this and I gotta say I liked the glowing ring around the light. Ideally, I'd like to mount these in front of the LOWER bumper grille, not the main engine grille.

Any ideas before I even consider something like this?

Thanks!

EDIT- Found a PDF of the installation instructions.... pretty sparse. And it advises to drill out the bumper to mount them... Um... But, I know from one of the other forums here that people have managed to get Hella lights on Minis so there must be a way...

Also, can someone that knows vehicle wiring tell me how the ring LEDs light up seperate from the actual driving lights based on that diagram? Ideally, the ring lights would light when the parking or low beam headlights come on, and the actual main lights would light with the high beams or (even better) with just the switch itself, completely independent of the highs... I can see myself wanting a bit more illumination on some roads while the low beams are on as well as with highs... Or just cruising with just the ring LEDs lit for "normal" city driving as an accent... I'm wondering if the YELLOW wire in their diagram is the LED ring light, and the black/white are the actual main light wires? If so, that would make the switch a 2-position, one side for LEDs and the other for driving lights?

Old 09-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Clutch Wotan
5th Gear
Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts
[QUOTE=ImagoX;1010786]Has anyone ever mounted a set of these on a Mini?

I'm not having much luck figuring out what the mounting bracket really looks like. Hella is an off-road brand, though, right? I'm wondering if they only mount straight down, like on a light bar... I saw a BMW the other day tooling aorund with something like this and I gotta say I liked the glowing ring around the light. Ideally, I'd like to mount these in front of the LOWER bumper grille, not the main engine grille.

Any ideas before I even consider something like this?

Thanks!

Tx for the link, the lights look good and the price is more than fine, but his is not original HELLA, never saw them in their programme.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Lemmy Caution
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Orangedrink -

Looks great - any tips on unscrewing the old lamps?
Now that it's winter - I will have a 2nd look at installing mine.

Mine say NIMI and have the junction box - I ordered them from the same link originally posted so - go figure. HOPE I have the correct wiring.