Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Non-factory colors anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:14 AM
findude
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-factory colors anyone?

I'm thinking about (as opposed to thinking about doing--not there yet) a MINI of a different color. The color combination that occurred to me the other day was a deep maroon/oxblood (not metalic) with either a black or pepper white top. Another combination that appeals to me is midnight blue and gray--again, non-metalic.

Of course, a much cheaper solution would be to change the roof of our PW/B to the maroon color--I also think that would look good.

Please post photos if you have a MINI that is not a factory color or color combination.

Any ideas what it would cost to have a MINI professionally painted? What about just changing the color of the roof?

Thanks.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:43 AM
petecrosby
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A local member is receiving her new car soon and is planning to have the
car re-painted to a custom color. The car is going to be largely disassembled
to do the work properly and the price I heard was ~$5k. You've gotta really want something different to pay that kind of money.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:57 AM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's done right it will probably be more than $5K....more like anywhere between $8-$15K depending on the extent of what's getting done. Trust me we've worked on quite a few MINIs and know what it takes. You get what you pay for. The roof is deffinately the cheaper alternative. You could paint it the maroon that you speak of and then add matching vynel accents on other parts of the car.I think if you painted the arches maroon on yours as well it would be really hot too. If designed right it would be awesome.
If you haven't seen these already here are 2 that we've done. These are total color changes as opposed to the 5 or 6 others that we've moded heavely and painted various components.
This one the arches are painted black and the Roof and car were painted as matching.This car belongs to The Future Queen of Nebraska

and this one was painted a similar way but we left the roof black.This one is mine.