Interior/Exterior New Bonnet Badge

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Wildwagonz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bonnet Badge

I removed my Clubman's bonnet badge and replaced it one that pays homage to the original Mini's. This particular badge is for an early Morris Minor pickup. Originally attached with 2 studs, I filed down the bosses they screwed into until level with the back of the badge. Then, I filled the back cavity with JB Weld and filed that level. A few strips of 3M emblem tape and it looks great!

Old 09-09-2017, 03:46 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Just noticed this post. I love that idea! It looks getting cool and is something that only a few will notice....but I bet you will get comments! Where did you find the badge btw?

Congratulations on such a great job....

Old 09-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Wildwagonz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. The badge is for a Morris Minor pickup/van. I got it from a place in the UK that deals in Morris Minor spares called GS Jones ( gsjones.co.uk ). I also recently did the tailgate badge. For that I used a grille emblem from a 1930's Morris I sourced on ebay from a place in India. Typically, the grille badge would have had the model name in the lower banner (10, 8, minor, etc.), but I was able to find this one with no model name, so it worked out. I think both turned out well enough that they look like they belong