Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Side marker delete?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 11:52 AM
aggiebrett
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side marker delete?

Doing some reno work on the family's R50, and suddenly debating if it's legal/common to totally delete the amber side markerkers (arched before and after wheel wells)?

I see a thread where CF winglets are offered to fill that slot if deleted, but that's all I can find.

Basically-- are these markers required? Or can they be deleted entirely without concern?

Old 03-06-2017, 12:19 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
by law they are required. Now will you get pulled over for them not there? Who knows. But that is why we offer the smoke black out arch lights as they clean up the look and we have red and yellow LED bulbs with them so they are still legal but much better look blending in with the black arches
https://www.waymotorworks.com/rear-s...0-r52-r53.html

https://www.waymotorworks.com/front-...0-r52-r53.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 03-06-2017, 01:54 PM
aggiebrett
1st Gear
We have a new front end body kit which does not have the cutouts/mounting for those side markers. Personally, I think the euro style without the markers looks better, but if they are required I'll just have to mod that kid.

Damn.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:26 PM
F1USGP
1st Gear
Matte black PlastiDip works great to cover these up. And the bulbs still shine thru at night.