Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior schroth quickfit pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
schroth quickfit pro

Anyone use a schroth quickfit pro?

My car is not daily driven, only HPDE, some AX and mountain runs

my hips/arms are killing me sliding around these awful seats, so my options are...

Cage it, FIA seats and harness, it's already on 9k/10k springs so it's absolutely brutal on the street

Schroth quickfit pro, maybe change out to some better seats like the sparco r100 or chrono too

Old 10-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I have a quick fit for auto-x and love it. Much better than the standard belt. If you're going with cage and FIA seats, why not go with a "more serious" harness setup?

Old 10-19-2016, 10:18 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
option 1 is cage/seat/harness
option 2 is quick fit

I keep hearing "do not cage a car driven on the street unless you wanna ride around wearing a helmet" and it will be street driven to HPDE, AX, and mountain runs.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,136 Likes on 891 Posts
Originally Posted by mega72
Anyone use a schroth quickfit pro?

My car is not daily driven, only HPDE, some AX and mountain runs

my hips/arms are killing me sliding around these awful seats, so my options are...

Cage it, FIA seats and harness, it's already on 9k/10k springs so it's absolutely brutal on the street

Schroth quickfit pro, maybe change out to some better seats like the sparco r100 or chrono too
I seem to be following you around...
I use the Quickfit Pro. I replaced the regular Quickfit so I can us a HANS device. These are much more comfortable (without the HANS) and fit better than the regular ones. But, they need the shoulder pads if you are not using a HANS or you need to wear a collared shirt; they dig into my neck otherwise. I use them with the optional leatherette MINI seat with the lumbar support which seems to have better overall support than the stock MINI sport seats that come in the S. Between the Pro's and the seats I am kept reasonably well plant but I still need to brace my knee against the door because my legs want to swing, not because I am sliding. I definitely would not go back to the stock belts, even with a set of CGLocks, unless I had an instructor who wouldn't get into the car with 4 point harnesses and no roll bar.

You may already know this, but the Quickfit pro will work with a race seat as a 5 point harness (HMS sells the 5th belt for them) if you want to change seats later to race seats. But you can't use the 5th belt if you don't have a race seat.

Last edited by Eddie07S; 10-19-2016 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-20-2016, 01:29 AM
NC TRACKRAT
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 148 Posts
+1 for the Quick-Fit Pros!