Interior/Exterior Countryman Sound System & Detailed Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 01:30 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cgm246
you answered alot of ???? about the install in this car!
Hey thanks! Yeah, it was a lot of research and discovery for me so I wanted to help anyone who might be interested in tackling the project with as much info as possible.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Mechanic1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing, love it great effort on your new system

Old 04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mechanic1
Amazing, love it great effort on your new system
Thanks!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:27 PM
cgm246
1st Gear
When you took the seats out, did you get airbag codes when you reinstalled them?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:34 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
When you took the seats out, did you get airbag codes when you reinstalled them?
No. You need to remove the battery connection before unplugging any wire harness or plug.

When everything is back together make sure all of the plugs and wire harnesses are connected before reconnecting your battery and starting your vehicle.

If something is unplugged ie. Airbag wire harness, then yes you'll get a code most likely.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:12 AM
cgm246
1st Gear
why did you do that set instead of the BMW setup, it looks to be a direct fit in our cars....CDT audio.......

http://www.cdtaudio.com/bmwpack.htm

I am ver tempted to go this route but have no dealers in the area to do the install...

Last edited by cgm246; 05-17-2012 at 05:13 AM. Reason: forgot to ask
Old 05-17-2012, 08:28 AM
1bigpea
4th Gear
why did you do that set instead of the BMW setup, it looks to be a direct fit in our cars....CDT audio.......

http://www.cdtaudio.com/bmwpack.htm

I am ver tempted to go this route but have no dealers in the area to do the install...
I'm sure a normal car audio shop could install them for you.

I didn't see this BMW specific setup when I was picking out my speakers.

The CDT Audio 3 way's I went with were $299, and the BMW is basically the same thing it looks like but more expensive.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 PM
cgm246
1st Gear
cdt audio

the bmw speakers are flat 6.5 woofers designed for under the seat...

Old 06-20-2012, 04:41 PM
CountryStyle
1st Gear
Did you find the sattelite radio antenna cable?
I removed the passenger seat and I could not find the pre-wire cable like the R56...

Old 06-20-2012, 06:23 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CountryStyle
Did you find the sattelite radio antenna cable?
I removed the passenger seat and I could not find the pre-wire cable like the R56...
I'm not sure we needed it so I don't remember at this point. What are you trying to do with the Sat cable?

Old 06-21-2012, 05:21 AM
CountryStyle
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 1bigpea
I'm not sure we needed it so I don't remember at this point. What are you trying to do with the Sat cable?
I'm trying to use the OEM sat cable to connect my XM skydock instead of using the magnetic antenna.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CountryStyle
I'm trying to use the OEM sat cable to connect my XM skydock instead of using the magnetic antenna.
Ahhh...yeah I didn't need to tap into it because I'm still using the OEM head unit . You're sure that the R56 has it under the RF passenger seat?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:57 AM
CountryStyle
1st Gear
Ahhh...yeah I didn't need to tap into it because I'm still using the OEM head unit . You're sure that the R56 has it under the RF passenger seat?

Yes see this thread:
http://https://www.northamericanmoto...e-antenna.html

Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 AM
jotagou
Neutral
1bigpea,

on your line output converter, do you really need a 2 line converter ? or you can use a single one ? the output on the under the seat speakers is under any croosover ? or the signal is clear. i'm thinking of setting up an audio computer system on the car, like harman kardon soundsticks III, dissamble then and adapthen but still leaving the factory stock working, only removing under the seats and put then subwoofer there.. i will have to built a custome box for the sub, i'm thinking is this setup because is way cheapper than buying amp, speakers, and i't sounds great for the volume on the cabin... any thoughts ?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jotagou
1bigpea,

on your line output converter, do you really need a 2 line converter ? or you can use a single one ? the output on the under the seat speakers is under any croosover ? or the signal is clear. i'm thinking of setting up an audio computer system on the car, like harman kardon soundsticks III, dissamble then and adapthen but still leaving the factory stock working, only removing under the seats and put then subwoofer there.. i will have to built a custome box for the sub, i'm thinking is this setup because is way cheapper than buying amp, speakers, and i't sounds great for the volume on the cabin... any thoughts ?
For my setup I did need the 2 channel converter.

I'm not really sure about using an audio computer system since i've never done one before. You would still need an amp for the subs under the seats and there is not a lot of room for good air movement for the bass because of the size of the box you would have under the seat.

Also, if you want to turn the volume up past the "factory max", I don't know how you would be able to with a computer system. However you can with a line out converter.

Oh, I responded to your PM too, sorry for the late response.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:11 AM
jotagou
Neutral
For my setup I did need the 2 channel converter.

I'm not really sure about using an audio computer system since i've never done one before. You would still need an amp for the subs under the seats and there is not a lot of room for good air movement for the bass because of the size of the box you would have under the seat.

Also, if you want to turn the volume up past the "factory max", I don't know how you would be able to with a computer system. However you can with a line out converter.

Oh, I responded to your PM too, sorry for the late response.

Hi,

There's no need for the amp, cause the 2.1 or 5.1 system allready has it's own amp, some of then with THX or DSP.
When i ask the crossover, is beacause i want to conect then like you under the seat, is there i'm going to get the audio signal, but if only comes with the lows, the hole system will not work. regarding the space, yhea i'll need to costume a box for it, but it's possible. unless your looking for a "radio on wheels" i'm searching for more quallity not power

best regards.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 AM
jotagou
Neutral
there's something that is confusing me, here did you conect de line out converter ?? on the speaker cable under the seat, or did you conect then direct into the back of the radio ??? did you thought, on ISO sollution ??

Old 12-18-2012, 03:34 PM
cm.d
2nd Gear
Do you have pix of what the inside of the door looks like?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cm.d
Do you have pix of what the inside of the door looks like?
No, sorry I don't, they're pretty easy to remove though. I started slacking on photos to get the process moving faster. In hindsight though I should have taken better pics of the whole process.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Celtic Bob
Neutral
I just got my first Mini (2012 Countryman S All4) and it has the base stereo and IMO it sounds like CRAP! I need to upgrade this system ASAP. This thread will help a lot.
Thanks

Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Celtic Bob
I just got my first Mini (2012 Countryman S All4) and it has the base stereo and IMO it sounds like CRAP! I need to upgrade this system ASAP. This thread will help a lot.
Thanks
Haha...I said the same thing as I turned out of the dealer parking lot after buying my Countryman. I have a thumb drive full of amazing tunes now and the music sounds amazing!

Oh, and congrats on your new Countryman S!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Celtic Bob
Neutral
Thanks.
Let the fun begin

Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 AM
mid_life_crisis
1st Gear
Do you remember how deep the boxes under the seats were?
You mentioned cutting them out. What are they molded into that they had to be cut out of? They can't be unbolted from the floor?
What happened to all the pics you had in here previously? I'd really like a good look at those boxes, hopefully with the driver removed.
Sweet looking install by the way.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 AM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis
You mentioned cutting them out. What are they molded into that they had to be cut out of? They can't be unbolted from the floor?
What happened to all the pics you had in here previously? I'd really like a good look at those boxes, hopefully with the driver removed.
Damn, not sure why all the photos are gone? I'm at work right now, will have to look into it later and I'll look for the photos.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 PM
cmku
Neutral
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis

1bigpea, glad to see some one else has done a true SQ install. I am looking to do a similar project and would love to see the pics of your install as well. I have been trying to scour the net for info, but outside of this thread there doesn't seem to be a lot of good info. Were you able to get a countryman reference manual or technical diagrams? Thanks for sharing and helping out others looking to upgrade their cm's audio.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Countryman Sound System & Detailed Install Pics