Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior grille surround trim - changed from chrome to body color (chili red)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:24 PM
FlytheCooper
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grille surround trim - changed from chrome to body color (chili red)

Pretty psyched with the change in the grille surround, Lyle from Lyles Vinyl Styles hooked me up. His shop is here in the Bay Area by so he swapped it out but its a really easy DIY otherwise. pretty reasonable upgrade. Definitely recommend Lyle..

http://www.lylesvinylstyles.net/
> CLICK ON EURO
> CLICK ON MINI
> CLICK ON 2007+ R56 R57 (my car is a 2010)
> CLICK ON Grille Surrounds

Attached Thumbnails grille surround trim - changed from chrome to body color (chili red)-after-grill-2.bmp   grille surround trim - changed from chrome to body color (chili red)-before-2.bmp  

Last edited by FlytheCooper; 07-18-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
callahan00
5th Gear
I bought my stuff from Lyle BEFORE I took delivery. I've eliminated all Chrome on the exterior with Chili Red wraps on everything, beltline blackout, Door handle covers from Aestetic Creations.

Think aboout doing the headlight rings from Lyle also. I think they add quite a bit to the look of the front end. I also have the sport stripes and extensions running down the front fascia

Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Tym2Relax
1st Gear
Originally Posted by callahan00
I bought my stuff from Lyle BEFORE I took delivery. I've eliminated all Chrome on the exterior with Chili Red wraps on everything, beltline blackout, Door handle covers from Aestetic Creations.

Think aboout doing the headlight rings from Lyle also. I think they add quite a bit to the look of the front end. I also have the sport stripes and extensions running down the front fascia
I've been contemplating changing the grill surround and headlight rings to body color (my way of minimizing the chrome) but wondered what it would look like with sport stripes, which go all the way down. Did you extend the sport stripes over the grill surround? I'd really like to see a pic of your front end if possible....