Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Looking for lost MINI :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:22 AM
1QKMNIS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for lost MINI :(

Sooo on April 27th of 2007 I traded in my 04' Indi Blue MCS in on an Audi A3 and was wondering if it had made its way back to these forums. Here is a post with some pictures of the car. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-the-alta.html

Thanks guys.

-Spence

Old 04-26-2009, 05:57 AM
Malcon
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just let it go man....

follow your heart!.......get a clubman

Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 AM
TRuTH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Malcon
just let it go man....

follow your heart!.......get a clubman

+1

Old 04-26-2009, 07:24 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u will egt over it...

Old 04-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Ladidah
6th Gear
I'm not over mine (traded in 3/09). I have another MINI now, but I still miss my '05 MCS. I've never been emotionally attached to a car until now. It is still at the dealer we traded it to, but I hope an enthusiast buys it...

Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 AM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
Take the 12 or so steps to recovery...
1. Drive to Mini Dealership
2. Get out of your A3, and inhale deeply the scent of new mini's, one of them eager to go home with you!
3. Walk car lot slowly, let your fingers caress the new paint colours.. taking in the myriad of minis!
4. Take a deep breath, open the door enter the dealership ( is that three steps?)
5. Put on game face as sales person approaches...
6. Sit down and talk options, whats new, whats going on in the mini community ( things change fast around here)
7. Go back out to the lot, to look at some of the new additions to the mini family.
8. Pick which model you are interested in ( this is a most difficult step as you truly are on your own with this one)
9. go back inside with SA and begin configuring your new mini..
10. go back outside, take a deep breath and smile, your almost there! You can feel victory!
11. Go back inside, sign documents to pay for your new mini, and getting rid of the audi..
12. Sit back and grin with a glazed jelly donut smile, knowing soon.. very soon.. you have made it.. you have come back to the fold!

Old 04-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Malcon
6th Gear
hhahaha!
yes do that!

Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've often wondered what has happened to my 2003 Solid Gold/Black Cooper. Well, like others have said, you'll get over it......but seriously, WHAT IN THE WORLD COMPELLED YOU TO GET A FRICKIN OUTTI?????????????? J/K!!

Old 04-26-2009, 03:51 PM
miniman101
5th Gear
Your mini looks/looked amazing! Although I am slightly in love with black 2.0 liter turbo w/ manual tranny too.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:42 PM
JohnnyVillan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1QKMNIS
I traded in my 04' Indi Blue MCS in on an Audi A3
Why would you go and do something like that lol?!?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 PM
1QKMNIS
3rd Gear
Seriously, when I drove the A3 it was the only other car that seemed as fun to drive at my Mini. The 2.0T in those cars are ALOT of fun to drive. But now everytime I see a MCS, I'm like, I made a mistake. I actually drove a current one but I still enjoy the previous models more than the new turbos. The supercharger whine is just intoxicating

Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Seriously, when I drove the A3 it was the only other car that seemed as fun to drive at my Mini. The 2.0T in those cars are ALOT of fun to drive. But now everytime I see a MCS, I'm like, I made a mistake. I actually drove a current one but I still enjoy the previous models more than the new turbos. The supercharger whine is just intoxicating
Well well....look what the cat dragged in!!

How've u been man!? So you're bored with the A3? Get another MINI, you know you wanna

Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 PM
1QKMNIS
3rd Gear
Everytime I see an MCS I'm ready to give up on the A3. But then I start to like the A3 again, then I see another MCS. Why can't all the Mini's just stay OUT of Chandler, AZ it would make life ALOT easier.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:46 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by lilruffcat
2. Get out of your A3, and inhale deeply the scent of new mini's, one of them eager to go home with you!
3. Walk car lot slowly, let your fingers caress the new paint colours.. taking in the myriad of minis!
4. Take a deep breath, open the door enter the dealership ( is that three steps?)
6. Sit down and talk options, whats new, whats going on in the mini community ( things change fast around here)
7. Go back out to the lot, to look at some of the new additions to the mini family.
8. Pick which model you are interested in ( this is a most difficult step as you truly are on your own with this one)
10. go back outside, take a deep breath and smile, your almost there! You can feel victory!
11. Go back inside, sign documents to pay for your new mini, and getting rid of the audi..
12. Sit back and grin with a glazed jelly donut smile, knowing soon.. very soon.. you have made it.. you have come back to the fold!
That is priceless! Nice job! Love it!

Old 04-26-2009, 10:47 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Everytime I see an MCS I'm ready to give up on the A3. But then I start to like the A3 again, then I see another MCS. Why can't all the Mini's just stay OUT of Chandler, AZ it would make life ALOT easier.
Good luck with the decision! I am sure you will make the right choice and come back to the small side!

Old 05-01-2009, 12:21 PM
mackedmini
1st Gear
STAY AWAY FROM THE CLUBMAN!!!!!!!! the new MINIS SUCK!!! sorry guys i know im gonna get hate mail now... but seriously, they fakked up the mini after 06 productiuon.. just ugly... and driving wise any of the newer body styles just really suck.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:22 PM
mackedmini
1st Gear
1st gen is the way to go...

Old 05-01-2009, 12:24 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mackedmini
STAY AWAY FROM THE CLUBMAN!!!!!!!! the new MINIS SUCK!!! sorry guys i know im gonna get hate mail now... but seriously, they fakked up the mini after 06 productiuon.. just ugly... and driving wise any of the newer body styles just really suck.
UHM OUCH! Especially since I JUST took delivery of my long awaited JCW Clubman!

Originally Posted by mackedmini
1st gen is the way to go...
I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!
The 1st gen is a cleaner looking car for sure, but the 2nd Gen is still attractive and has a bunch of nice improvements!

To each their own!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
rimplestultskin
2nd Gear
i would have been completely unable to make that decision, if i was in your shoes. the A3 is nice and all, and the 2.0TFSI is an awesome engine (my cousin just got a new A4, i'm dying to drive it), and there's always the possibility of getting another mini later in life (DO IT DO IT DO IT), but indi blue was the best color (in my opinion) ever made for any car. part of my attachment to my mini is knowing that it will be the only opportunity i'll ever have to drive something indi blue colored (unless BMW does the sensible thing and re-releases indi blue, but this is BMW we're talking about, so sensible isn't likely), and for that reason, i'll never be able to give it up.

and looking at pics of the MCS you had, whoever has that now is mighty lucky. it's a beauty.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:29 PM
TRuTH
2nd Gear
A3 or a MCS. That's a not brainer to me. But, then again you could not get me to drive an AUDI if my life depended on it .

Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 PM
miniman101
5th Gear
Well, you know what Jeremy Clarkson has to say about Audis...

Old 05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniman101
Well, you know what Jeremy Clarkson has to say about Audis...
Um no... but is it as crude as what he has to say about Alfas?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
miniman101
5th Gear
He says that only co*ks drive Audis. And noticing the average Audi driver out on the highway, I too usually agree with Jeremy.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
YakiMini
5th Gear
You'll hate me for saying this, but that is one beautiful MCS!

Sooo on April 27th of 2007 I traded in my 04' Indi Blue MCS in on an Audi A3 and was wondering if it had made its way back to these forums. Here is a post with some pictures of the car. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-the-alta.html

Thanks guys.

-Spence

Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lilruffcat
If you need a support group at the dealership, let me know, ill round up the guys and we're there for ya buddy
By the way, the dealership has moved... no longer at BMW

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Looking for lost MINI :(