Post here if you spotted a fellow Mini on Hawaii roads!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 03:08 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pepper White MC in Moiliili

--Anyone know who owns the pw MC on Makahiki in Moiliili? It's got a black top and it hunts up and down our block for street parking. Poor thing. Just wondering. In a couple weeks my jet black beauty will be winking at it daily.

--pyratio

Old 10-09-2005, 03:51 PM
kbseto
5th Gear
going out for a evening surf, i saw "minini", a gold mc in niu valley near the middle school.

there's also a fellow with convertible mcs who works out at our gym in ewa beach, results +. first customer with a mini. hopefully, he doesn't take my "mini parking spot" when i go out for lunch.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:09 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Results+? You know Nesto?

Old 10-10-2005, 12:32 AM
kbseto
5th Gear
nesto? i believe that's the guy with the convertible mustang.

hah, of course, i know him. he and i are basically the two guys who run the place, he runs results, and i run ewa beach pt.

now how would you happen to know him? i've mentioned your name to him before, and he didn't really say anything. unless it's your real name he knows you by. i do know he's on some of those forums during the day in-between clients.

i tried to convince him to work on minis, but he swears to stay away from all european cars, including bmws.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:42 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by The_Beastmaster
Results+? You know Nesto?
Beast, is this the place Scot goes to? Remember he was saying he knew Kyle?

Old 10-10-2005, 12:56 AM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Yup, Scot goes to Results to see Nesto. Nesto knows me by my real name.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
kbseto
5th Gear
this past week somewhere on this island i saw a hyperblue (the '05 lighter blue) mini with all its black plastic trim painted white. could have been the aero kit, but if so, the wheel well pieces were also painted. just saw it stopped at the intersection, when i passed by. could not miss it, as the white trim really makes it stand out.

btw, as of the new year, i no longer am at results + in ewa beach. i've switched back over to our kaneohe clinic, right next to my favorite chinese spot, pahke's. and now there's a new mexican place behind the aloha gas station at kahuhip and kam hwy, called el mariachi's. it's good, but i still miss fiesta's in ewa beach.

and i've heard from my friend who does custom car stereo stuff that he's working on a showroom-level mini that hopefully will be featured in some car mags. and it may be displayed at MoH's showroom soon.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:04 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
last week I saw a red mini S on maui with a JCW logo on its way to costco or the airport

Old 01-06-2006, 01:25 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
Course there was a yellow one and a hyper blue one I saw in Kihei.

There was also one with a MINIPO licence plate :P

The hyper blue one had a male driving and what looked like his whole family in there :P

Old 01-06-2006, 04:32 PM
JCW04
4th Gear
KB-

Did that MINI have fog lights? I saw one just like that parked up on Hale Koa rd. (I think thats the name) on the ridge mauka of Kahala Mall. As far as I could tell he had the trim painted and it wasn't an aero kit.

Last time I was at MoH Darryl was talking about the stereo jobbed MINI for the show as well as an Austin Powers model too! Should be cool.

Aloha!

John

Originally Posted by kbseto
this past week somewhere on this island i saw a hyperblue (the '05 lighter blue) mini with all its black plastic trim painted white. could have been the aero kit, but if so, the wheel well pieces were also painted. just saw it stopped at the intersection, when i passed by. could not miss it, as the white trim really makes it stand out.

btw, as of the new year, i no longer am at results + in ewa beach. i've switched back over to our kaneohe clinic, right next to my favorite chinese spot, pahke's. and now there's a new mexican place behind the aloha gas station at kahuhip and kam hwy, called el mariachi's. it's good, but i still miss fiesta's in ewa beach.

and i've heard from my friend who does custom car stereo stuff that he's working on a showroom-level mini that hopefully will be featured in some car mags. and it may be displayed at MoH's showroom soon.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:39 PM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only saw a couple of MINIs on Oahu when I was on vacation/cruise there last August. But, I didn't wave or wink because I was in a rental car. Had a great time visiting the islands. Cousin Mark was a great tour guide!

Old 01-07-2006, 03:12 PM
drea-min
3rd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I used to feel good when I see a fellow MC'S driving around until last month, I wave to a fellow silver S side by side both windows down on a stop but he ignored me. I used to know this person but I guess i always busy so I don't attend anymore club activity.....

Sad though

Old 01-08-2006, 03:32 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by drea-min
I used to feel good when I see a fellow MC'S driving around until last month, I wave to a fellow silver S side by side both windows down on a stop but he ignored me. I used to know this person but I guess i always busy so I don't attend anymore club activity.....

Sad though
You're not talking about me are you? I am always looking for a good wave or a nod. You sure the person realized you were there? However, I do agree that many waves are going unreturned lately.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:04 AM
JCW04
4th Gear
I seem to get more puzzled looks than waves and or thumbs up any more! Time for some MINI protocol education!

Aloha!

JCW04