Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

Thanks Keikilee!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 11:54 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Thanks Keikilee!

I would like to thank Keikilee for all her help with HMMC and for being coordinator on NAM for this forum. We could not have gotten this far without her abundant energy.

For the new year we are having a change and John (JCW04) will be taking over as HMMC coordinator on NAM.

Please join me in welcoming JCW04 in his new role on NAM and we'll be working together to get the word out for HMMC member events and activities for 2005.

So now all we need is a super ferry to carry us from island to island so we can expand our play area. Hope it doesn't fall through (er.... sink).

Old 01-09-2005, 11:13 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks minihune!

It's been fun and I've had a great time with the HMMC Forum and with the club activities. However, it's time for me to focus on "me." If you haven't already heard, I've resigned from my position as President. It's a little sad but I'm excited about taking on smaller rolls just to "help out."

I've been thinking a long time about getting someone to replace me, but have sped up the process recently when my son shared with me his "dream" lifestyle should I hit the Vegas jackpot (I'm going next weekend). He imagined a fabulous home in the valley, a bunch of nice cars in the garage, and best of all, a mom who didn't have to work on the computer at night and could hang out and spend more time with him. Having raised my son nearly alone for the past 9 years, you can imagine how that made me feel and what it made me think about. I vowed to cut down on my extra curricular activities, quit my demanding job and now have more time for Playstation 2, comic books, um, oh yah, and homework!

JCW04 will be an awesome Forum Coordinator (fitting since he's the Event Chairperson) and the 2005 officers will make this first year a great one. I wish you guys the best, and hope to be able to find the time to join you at your events.

Aloha,
keikilee

Old 01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Thank you Keikilani!

keikilee,

We will miss our founder and President! Thank you for having the 'dream' and motivation to start the club that we all wanted. :smile: Remember those times when the idea for the club was in the seedling stages? Many people wanted the club but no one really stepped up and only you were willing to take on the HUGE task and burden - we would not have had this great club and gatherings without your efforts. Arigatou. :smile:

This is selfish, but now at least you'll have time to chat and hang out during meets.

Good luck at Vegas girl! Make all of Levi's dreams come true! :smile:

Thanks again,
Dirk

Old 01-10-2005, 11:33 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Keikilee,

As a former club founder and president myself, I can say that it's nice to be on the sidelines and able to pick and choose how you help out. Also, it brings a smile to my face each time I hear about new activities that the club I helped start (mini5280) is doing, now that I'm not the one doing the planning and e-mailing. It's quite satisfying to know a club that I care about and put so much time into can be vibrant without me at the helm. In retrospect, it was a very healthy change for mini5280 and the leadership change prevented the club from ever becoming a cult of personality. Change is good and it only helps to show that all the time and energy we put into the formation of the club was worthwhile, when it becomes bigger than ourselves, and can stand on its own.

I'm sure your efforts have been very much appreciated. Go forward without any question that this change will be positive for all involved, and enjoy the time spent with your son.

Best wishes from the mainland,

Dave

Old 01-13-2005, 01:12 AM
kbseto
5th Gear
hip-hip-hooray, for more free time! especially to go surf!

nah, really thanks for setting the club up and setting everything into motion. i know it took up a whole lotta time for you and the officers. in fact, that's pretty much why i wanted to be just a club member.

you know what, i think i'm still not a legal member yet. i think it was because that during the first club drive at ala mo park last year, i was out surfing the whole time. and by the time i came back in everyone was pretty much packing up. oh well, the next pres can track me down at our next event.

and maybe i'll be seeing you, keikilee, out in the water.