Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] MINI at the Moana

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 01:19 AM
keikilee
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Hawaii] MINI at the Moana

The Hawaii MINI Motoring Club invites you for fun in the sun on Sunday, September 19th, from 9a-12p at the Ala Moana Beach Park (In front of McCoy Pavilion). There will be lots of fun games to play and prizes to win. This event is free and open to MINI owners, friends and family!

We’ve arranged for some parking stalls to be reserved for MINI owners, so get there early for great parking. Also, the first 25 MINIs to arrive will be given a chance to win an Auto Detailing Pack valued at $100!!!

Bring something to sit on and an umbrella or canopy to keep you cool. The Hawaii MINI Motoring Club (HMMC) will bring along (2) 10x10 canopies to increase the amount of shade as there are only 3 trees in that area. Light refreshments will be provided by HMMC, but feel free to bring your own food and drinks to enjoy as well.

HMMC will be signing up new members, but even if you are not interested in joining, stop by for a great time!

RSVP’s are appreciated by either calling 808.538.MINI or by sending an email to info@hawaiiMINIclub.org

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Keiki Lee at president@hawaiiMINIclub.org

Hope to see you there!

Old 09-16-2004, 01:59 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
For a birds eye view check this out-

See the tennis courts in the center. We will meet in the circular road to the left (ewa side) of the courts. Hey- Does anyone play tennis?

Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Directions?

So how do we get to the circular road to the left of the courts?

Old 09-16-2004, 02:20 PM
minihune
Originally Posted by DaKineMINI
So how do we get to the circular road to the left of the courts?
Best way to the parking area is to enter Ala Moana Park from the side closest to Ward Ave/ Ward warehouse or near to the Ward theaters and not by the Yacht harbor/Ilikai hotel side.

Once you enter the park you will slowly turn left and see the beach on your right then past the concession stand and you'll see two roads to the left. You can take the second left which is just before the tennis courts and wind around the circle area and look for us and our tents and MINI flag.

The beach is very close and so is the shower area. Bring a fishing pole and catch some Talapia in the canal!
Sport Fishing Hawaiian style

Old 09-19-2004, 08:57 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Some photos I took

Thanks Keiki and the rest of the HMMC gang for putting together a gathering with a fine turnout! Here's a link to some photos I took :
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...r=7443&cat=500

Old 09-19-2004, 09:14 PM
minihune
Thanks for the pictures DaKineMINI- you must have got them in between the wet downpours. We still had a fairly good day but it was getting hot by noon.

Many thanks to Keikilee and our sponsors- Nextel for the drinks, MINI of HI, Pakshak microtowels, Randy A., and our members for their generous donations/snacks.

It was good to see a fine turnout, about 40 MINI owners with both old and new faces. Quite a few JCW kits and many many colors. Looked like a MINI delivery lot.

Hey, next time we have to call for television coverage- some of them are so close to the park. I kinda liked being at the park and at 830am it was kinda empty more or less except for the tennis league players and the surfers.

Last edited by minihune; 09-19-2004 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:01 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
DaKineMINI - Thanks for posting pics! I didn't have a chance to take any and am so glad that members like you were prepared with cameras. If you can send me those via email, that would be great, and I'll add to our HMMC scrapbook!

The turnout was AWESOME! MUCH better than I expected. Just last week I was stressing about RSVP's...for nothing! Lots of new people, and lots of beautiful MINIs. I still am in love with kbseto's MINI...love that exhaust!!!!

The club gained 11 new members today...which brings our total up to 38. Not bad for being only 19 days old!

Special thanks for minihune, southseasadie, adam (mightymini_s), kohu`ulaMINI for facilitating the giveaways and helping out with the planning. For real...I'd be lost without you folks! Thanks again to Louis for our designs, to the kids for pulling the lucky numbers, to my peeps (dad and brother) and tech-gi for helping set up, to everyone else for bringing their MINI spirit! (I hope I didn't miss anyone)

Side note: glad that MINIangelD was able to hang out today. What a fine way to send her and Lucy off to London. We'll miss you girl! :smile:

Overall...great day! The only bad thing is returning to my car to a stink smelling cup sitting in my back seat....filled with 3 day old chocolate milk!!! I really need to talk to my son about that!

So...what's next?

Last edited by keikilee; 09-19-2004 at 11:22 PM. Reason: oops..forgot some people...