General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What if?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COOPERation: How about a blank canvas for those of us with a MC?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:23 PM
sjolly
3rd Gear
If you won't take anything for your great work how about a donation to your favorite charity?

Old 07-07-2006, 09:52 PM
aminicooper
4th Gear
Old 07-09-2006, 06:24 PM
movieman
4th Gear
Cooperation ROCKS!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Checkmate
5th Gear
Just want to say thanks for making a blank. Gives me something to play with when I order photoshop. You are truly awesome COOPERation!!!

Shannah

Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Sarcux
6th Gear
Thanks, Craig! I was out of town, didn't see the image. I owe ya one.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:29 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
movieman you got a hot car and an even hotter Cooperation version!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 AM
movieman
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mdsbrain
movieman you got a hot car and an even hotter Cooperation version!
Thanks

Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 AM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aminicooper
How did you do that animated sig?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
aminicooper
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JustJAY
How did you do that animated sig?
Animation Shop, it comes with Paint Shop Pro

Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about a blank for the Cabrio, dude? I want to give this a try!

PS- Paint Shop Pro is great- I use it for all my work, even the stuff I do for commisison.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:36 PM
HyperKid
2nd Gear
These are too cool. I just wish I knew how to do something, anything in Paint Shop or whatever. I'd love to have one of Tanner. I'm jealous.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Kimini03
5th Gear
Help with Paint Shop Pro!

COOPERation these are so awesome!! You have done a wonderful job!! Truely amazing!!!

We love all of these images of the cars and would love to have one of our own car! We were thinking about having the front and back of our car put on to a shirt, but instead of just a photo, we thought these cartoonish images would be neat. Since COOPERation has had so many request, we thought we would try to make our own. I saw that a lot of people mentioned Paint Shop Pro. We got Paint Shop Pro to try to make an image of our car, but I have no idea where to even start. I have looked around in the program, but I am not talented in this area at all. Could somebody please help to tell me where to start or what I need to do to alter the image of our car into a cartoonish image? Thanks for any advise or tips you have!!

Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Ack... that's a simple-sounding question with a LOT of answer behind it. Simply put- since COOPERation started with a vector-based program like Illustrator to make a "template" which he then colored in using either tyhat same app or another program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, it's hard to just direct you to a URL and say "follow these steps".

Honestly, I'd start by Googling "Paint Shop Pro Tutorials" forthe version you have and start there- mastering the basics/fundamantals will lead you from there, and should certainly teach you about simple operations such as coloring in the larger, white template.

As for shirts, honestly, if I can get a master the size of the white (uncolored) one that was posted a few posts ago, I can save a special version using a plug-in that will result in an image that SHOULD be acceptible for a shirt through Cafe press or someplace similar. As soon as I get access to a Cabrio template (or make one, if COOPERation is too busy) then I can color it in and test it.

So... bottom line... if you have an image THIS SIZE:

...let me know and I'm reasonably certain that I can design a Cafe Press shirt out of it. Email me at "imagox@yahoo.com" with your image and I'll see about throwing up a test sample up. I've been pretty happy with CafePress's quality, gicen that they can only print on white or light gray shirts- they have access to a beta (experimental) process for black shirts, but it's not yet ready for prime-time IMHO. They also have ringer tees and the like....

Old 07-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
I wish I had the template as an AI file.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:23 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Just whipped this up on CafePress on a blue ringer tee... This is from the SMALL version in my sig- if I had a larger original to start with it would be even sharper... Custom text is no problem whatsoever, if anyone's interested...

SAMPLE NANO CAR SHIRT

Old 07-17-2006, 12:47 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Edit( don't want this to go crazy so I deleted my post.

Last edited by dragonflyer; 07-17-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Dragon, just make sure you carry TALL sizes! XXL's don't cut it.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
dragonflyer,

A custom shirt would be great, but I'd really LOVE one with all of the cars on it.

Or maybe you could do custom cars on the front with the back panel filled with all of the others.

I just think the giant mosaic of custom MINI's in the first post of this thread would be fantastic on the back of a shirt!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
There's a lot of cars on that front page.

That would be cool if we could get all of them on a shirt. Might work for those XXL shirts Not sure about us skinny guys

Hey what about posters? I know I can fit them all in a poster.

Hey COOP if you read this drop me a line.

Last edited by dragonflyer; 07-17-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
I'd like to say that Cafe Press' "only an iron on" is not really fair... I've made about a dozen shirts there over the years, and some of them still look great even after dozens and dozens of washes and several YEARS of wear. Silkscreening is good if it's HIGH QUALITY screenprinting, using top-end inks- cheap screenprinting cracks, shrinks and otherwise gets mangled in the wash. In other words, just because it's not screenprinted does not mean that it's de facto junk, and I can say from direct experience that the CafePress stuff will not have that "plastic" feel that you get from, say, those iron-ons you make on your laser printer. After several washes, the transfer simply softens and fades a bit, just like the shirt itself.

Obviously, this is COOPERation's design work, but the impression I got was that he's too busy to even fulful requests let alone make one-off shirt designs complete with custom lettering. I can do shirts with custom text, additional graphics or anything else someone would want.

I personally would love a custom shirt, but I can't even get access to the cabrio template or any of the "bits" (such as the different bumper or rim templates that COOPERation no doubt uses), so who knows when I'd be able to even get my high-rez graphic made? Plus, Mike, I wonder how you plan to do one-off screenprinted shirts, seeing as how you'd need to cut a mask for each one and then basically do a custom color run every time you make a shirt? that's a lot of work for a one-off, but it would allow you to do things like print on dark colors (privided you'd be willing to cut YET ANOTHER screen for a white base layer).

PS- Poster? Yeah, that would be lots of fun!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:40 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
I didn't mean to say that they were junk. Just from the shirts I have seen you only get one color choice for the shirt and they didn't look all that good to me. But I'm a profectionist too.

After talking to Cooperation the shirt idea might be out the window anyway. We should wait and see what happens.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Whomever does shirts: TALL SIZES!

Old 07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
I played around with it and made a few other things real quick, just to see what could be done...

http://www.cafepress.com/mattsmini

CafePress' limitation is that they do white or gray shirts best, due to the direct transfer technology they use. They're working on black shirts, using a white base layer (just like screenprinting), but they're still in beta on that. I may order up a Nano Car shirt in black just to see, but previous experiments with CP's black were... well, let's just say less than spectacular. It IS improving, however.

Plus, in case anyone cares, CafePress can do coffee mugs, clocks, mouse pads, stickers, hats and a host of other things, so if someone has a graphic of their car that they want to plaster on, say, a mug, that can be done as well.

Let us know what COOPERation wants to do re: shirts, Mike. I certainly don't want to hijack another artist's work (and I won't, if he plans to use his work commercially in this format), but if he's swamped with other stuff and doesn't want to/can't pursue shirt making, I can certainly "fill the gap" via Cafe Press, and I'd be willing to do some extra design work for people in the form of graphics/lettering, etc. As things stand now, I know I can make shirts even from the small "sig sized" graphics, but the process I use to enlarge them makes them end up with a sort of "watercolor" effect- it's not unplesent (I actually really like it), but it might not be for everyone. If someone has access to the larger-sized image, I can recreate it truer to the version on the web.

Here's a reduced version of the graphic I'm using for Nano Car on CafePress.com- note the "watercolor" effect on the car itself. I think this will actually look really sharp on a shirt, especially as the shirt fades and get a more "broken in" look. In the full-size version, the pixelization you see here in fact looks more like Impressionist painting...

Name:  Nano_rear_for_shirt.png
Views: 46
Size:  162.3 KB

Ideally, if I had access to the vector-based originals, or even, say, 1600X1200 raster-based copies of the colored vector art, I could literally make versions that were as crisp and clean as high-rez wallpaper. I don't use Illustrator, but I can do really fun stufff with pixel-based art.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:09 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
I've had problems with Cafepress...

Their colors WIll NOT print out to be as nice as the photos u upload are. and any thing dark red, comes out brown. I've had them reprint on order 4 times befor they got it right.

But they have direct printing now witch is way better than the nastuy iron on crap they did in the past