General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placing an order and build sheet

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:06 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Placing an order and build sheet

I placed an order on a 2019 JCW loaded on Thursday Sept 27, 2018. Does anyone know from the time that you put in your build sheet at the dealership how long it takes for the car to arrive at the dealership? The dealer gave me login details to watch the build too. Anyone know how that works and what all you can see during the build process? It's been a dream of mine for over 3 decades to own a mini and that dream is coming true!

Old 09-30-2018, 05:31 AM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
Depends on too many variables, but I'm hoping by thanksgiving. I've read that they only build JCWs during specific times (one week per month?), though I don't know whether that's true. It also takes a week or two longer on the west coast vs east coast since they boat has to go quite a bit further (I'm guessing based on your username that you're in California).

We ordered a JCW Clubman about two weeks ago, but we don't have a production number yet. Hopefully we'll get one this week.

The following users liked this post:
californiadreaming (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 07:42 AM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
Thanks @ chrunck - actually I don't reside in cali and that's why the username is californiadreaming. As I wish I was back in cali. . Thanks for the info I live on the east coast. I plan to put my build sheet on the forum. I loaded this mini out. I drive a Porsche 911s and believe it or not I had more fun test driving the mini than I do driving the 911s. It has more room too than the 911s. Porsche followers would have a fit hearing me state that but it's true. Two different types of vehicles but to me the mini was a ton of fun to drive. It wasn't boring. Don't get me wrong the 911s is super fast and a beautiful car but the mini makes you feel like your in the cockpit of a Boeing 747 about to take off to space.

Good luck to you too on your new order. I only wished I could have gotten the drivers side build on the right. But that wasn't an option. Or if it's even possible to even do so. Trying to talk the wife into getting a JCW Clubman too.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
We get a lot of people saying the MINI is more fun than the 911. Also a few Corvette converts as well. Welcome aboard.

californiadreaming (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 04:57 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
@chrunck - we did get a production number but it's not pulling up just yet. Are you on the east/west coast?

Old 09-30-2018, 04:59 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
I know Porsche owners would argue with me but owning Porsches for over 30 years I can honestly state that the mini to me is much more fun to drive. Far from being boring that's for certain.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:05 PM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by californiadreaming
I placed an order on a 2019 JCW loaded on Thursday Sept 27, 2018. Does anyone know from the time that you put in your build sheet at the dealership how long it takes for the car to arrive at the dealership? The dealer gave me login details to watch the build too. Anyone know how that works and what all you can see during the build process? It's been a dream of mine for over 3 decades to own a mini and that dream is coming true!
Congrats on your incoming JCW! 2-door hatch/hard top? That little car is so much damn fun, as well you know.

I placed my order June 11, and my JCW reached the dealer on July 19 or 20. My JCW's ride went to the port in MD, then down to SC where it was offloaded at the VDC, then transported to the dealer in Tampa Bay, FL.

Once you get a VIN or production # you can track your car's progress from the MINI Owner's Lounge. I found that calling 866-ASK-MINI (866-275 -6464) was much more accurate & informative than the OL. Once your JCW is on the ship you can track the maritime progress on any number of web sites. The wait was rough, but oh-so worth it

Be interested to see your build sheet when you can post it. Oh yeah, welcome to NAM too!

californiadreaming (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 04:58 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
@Fridayxii - thanks so much for responding. It is a hard top and it's loaded with all the bells and whistles, I just wished I could have customized it even more. I had to go back 2 days later to add the performance exhaust as it doesn't come with that without adding it but it comes tuned. For the price it would be nice on the JCWs if it was all included tuned and sport exhaust. $1,800 more!

But man I tell you I loved driving the car it was a ton of fun. I've driven and owned Porsche's for 3 decades and I honestly had more fun with the mini. I know it might sound crazy but it's true and of course this is just my opinion. Porsche guys would choke me to death if they heard me say that. But I call it like it is. My wife drives a Porsche Macon S and even she is thinking about getting a mini clubman.

I'll post my build sheet tonight or tomorrow for you to check it out. I was told that I could monitor the build is that true by using the production #? Or just when it started and left the UK?

Do you have any pictures of your JCW? I'd love to see the inside and outside?

Old 10-04-2018, 07:09 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
@Fridayxii - thanks so much for responding. It is a hard top and it's loaded with all the bells and whistles, I just wished I could have customized it even more. I had to go back 2 days later to add the performance exhaust as it doesn't come with that without adding it but it comes tuned. For the price it would be nice on the JCWs if it was all included tuned and sport exhaust. $1,800 more!

But man I tell you I loved driving the car it was a ton of fun. I've driven and owned Porsche's for 3 decades and I honestly had more fun with the mini. I know it might sound crazy but it's true and of course this is just my opinion. Porsche guys would choke me to death if they heard me say that. But I call it like it is. My wife drives a Porsche Macon S and even she is thinking about getting a mini clubman.

I'll post my build sheet tonight or tomorrow for you to check it out. I was told that I could monitor the build is that true by using the production #? Or just when it started and left the UK?

Do you have any pictures of your JCW? I'd love to see the inside and outside?
Once you have a production # you should also have the VIN. You can use either one to track the progress online (Owner's Lounge) or via ASK MINI. I got my VIN before the car actually started production, so I was able to track it from assembly to paint, to transit to the docks, etc. The pros at ASK MINI can also give you the name of the ship your JCW is on so you can track its progress across the pond.

Here are a a few pics of my baby

pic doesn't do the fiber alloy dash surface justice

new red vinyl accents

and some color for the back side too

californiadreaming (10-04-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 09:15 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Thats awesome!

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 10-04-2018, 09:58 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
@ECSTuning Thanks!!

Old 10-04-2018, 10:06 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Welcome

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 10-04-2018, 08:37 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
@fridayxiii. Man, great minds think alike. Your mini is amazing looking! Now that one will turn heads all day/night long! If you are wanting attention then you got it! Thanks for sharing the pictures too. Truly a beautiful color and mini!

I don't have actual pictures as it's in the build process, but here are a couple screen shots from the build. I do have concerns if I went too red/flashy and attention getting. I'm not usually into a color scheme like this as most of my Porsche's have been all black. My interior is just like yours to the T, even the floor mats. Ummmm, I called mini to make a change to all black for the roof and mirrors, but it just went into production, so... I'm too late to make any changes. My question is this... If I decided to change out the roof from red to a wrap, is it a pain in the rear to get done? Or what do you guys think about the exterior and interior? Is it too much red going on? What are your thoughts?

I'll post the actual build sheet tomorrow.

exterior of californiadreaming's pre-production

Exterior californiadreamings JCW prior to production.

Interior of californiadreamings JCW prior to production.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:52 AM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
@chrunck - we did get a production number but it's not pulling up just yet. Are you on the east/west coast?
I'm in New Mexico, which unfortunately means the car will be going through California before it makes it to us. I think it takes an extra two weeks vs east coast.

Still no production number yet, but I haven't been bugging them. Been traveling for work this week.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:38 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
@fridayxiii. Man, great minds think alike. Your mini is amazing looking! Now that one will turn heads all day/night long! If you are wanting attention then you got it! Thanks for sharing the pictures too. Truly a beautiful color and mini!

I don't have actual pictures as it's in the build process, but here are a couple screen shots from the build. I do have concerns if I went too red/flashy and attention getting. I'm not usually into a color scheme like this as most of my Porsche's have been all black. My interior is just like yours to the T, even the floor mats. Ummmm, I called mini to make a change to all black for the roof and mirrors, but it just went into production, so... I'm too late to make any changes. My question is this... If I decided to change out the roof from red to a wrap, is it a pain in the rear to get done? Or what do you guys think about the exterior and interior? Is it too much red going on? What are your thoughts?

I'll post the actual build sheet tomorrow.
Thanks for the compliments A Starlight Blue JCW caught my eye at a MINI event in May, and it was genuine love at first sight: one glance & I knew I had to have one lol.

Personally, I love black & red on a JCW. I think it's a classic, and if not for Starlight Blue, yours is the combo I probably would've chosen. Living in FL a black car would be hotter, and I know black cars are harder to keep clean but DAMN is the black/red sharp! I wouldn't change a thing, but if you wanted to go all-black it'd be easy for a good vinyl shop to wrap the roof, spoiler, and mirror caps. I don't think it's too much, just 100% pure badass

californiadreaming (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 06:57 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
@fridayiii , the red on the dash and inside doors is it a bright red, medium or dark red. I can't tell if it's your flash? The seat red trim I can't tell either? Can you let me know? I was hoping for a bright red and not a dark red. I guess either way it will look good. Do you have the sport exhaust too with the remote?

Old 10-06-2018, 02:38 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
Here is my 2019 JCW 2DR hardtop build sheet

Old 10-06-2018, 02:59 PM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
@fridayiii , the red on the dash and inside doors is it a bright red, medium or dark red. I can't tell if it's your flash? The seat red trim I can't tell either? Can you let me know? I was hoping for a bright red and not a dark red. I guess either way it will look good. Do you have the sport exhaust too with the remote?
To my eye, the red on the dash & doors is a medium red, the red trim on the seats is a darker red. Not blood red, but darker than the door & dash. I think the interior pic you get from the MINI configurator is pretty accurate. The two reds don't match, but I love the way the interior looks just the same.

I did not order the JCW Pro exhaust; $1800 was just too rich for my blood & what you get. I understand the whole "it's louder when you want, quieter when you don't", but the cost of the upgraded exhaust alone will almost cover all other mods/upgrades I have in mind. I like a mouthy exhaust, but my local muffler shop can install a Magnaflow can for <$300. Yeah, it'll be louder all the time, but as a boy racer at heart, a loud(er) but well-toned exhaust note is music to my ears

I enjoyed seeing your build sheet. You really did go all-out - that's a great spec & a car that you'll surely enjoy for a loooong time!

californiadreaming (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 11:00 AM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
Now, I wait... . second week in December I was told but I'm sure that could change. Did you install the Dinan kit or plan to? I still can't get over how amazing the blue looks! Just an amazing eye catching coloration. I know you get stopped a lot asking about your car.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:44 PM
2019JCW
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my International Orange JCW mid-Aug and it arrived in Hawaii last week. The Mini on-line tracking system did not work for me--in fact, it reflected my JCW in Calif when it was in Hawaii. Well it's very orange, but not Golden Gate Orange--my opinion. love the car (tech, comfort, power, etc.), however, it does not compare to my Mini 2013 GP WRT driving performance. I recently sold the GP...should have kept her! Enjoy your new Mini!

californiadreaming (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 09:28 PM
MJO23DAN
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I’m in CA and ordered mine mid Aug. The car was completed around mid Sept and sat on the UK docks for a couple more weeks. It then took about 3 weeks to dock at Port Hueneme in Oxnard, CA. I’m hoping to have it delivered to my dealership by this weekend but I’ve heard sometimes it takes a couple more weeks for them to prep the MINI before it actually gets delivered. The build from start to delivery should take a little over 2 months but since you’re on the east coast probably less.

californiadreaming (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 04:21 AM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
What did you order? S or JCW? or something else?

Old 10-15-2018, 04:23 AM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
By the way my mini build was completed and now about to ship. Or it's showing that at least it's about to start the process of coming to the good old US of A.

Awaiting Transport and hope it arrived before Christmas!

Last edited by californiadreaming; 10-15-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:21 AM
MJO23DAN
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What did you order? S or JCW? or something else?
I did a 2dr manual hardtop cooper s. Real straightforward build. Didn’t want navigation. Added the signature pack because I wanted chili red with the black top and mirrors. Added bonnet stripes, 17” cosmos and the storage pack.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:54 PM
californiadreaming
2nd Gear
Sounds nice and post pictures when it arrives and keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Placing an order and build sheet