General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data Logging software?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 06:58 PM
BudgetR56
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Data Logging software?

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with any data logging software on a laptop on any 2nd gen minis. I currently have a cable obd2 cable to usb that works with ncsexpert and inpa(currently getting an error code when using inpa after installing it on my new laptop that I am trying to fix right now). Can anyone recommend a software that works with the 2nd gen minis for data and a cable if the cable I have now will not work with that software or data logging in general. Thankyou!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:05 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
If you want to log OBD2 data, get an OBD2-Bluetooth adapter and then get an app for your phone. On my Android phone I use Torque and RaceChrono for track days. Over in the Gen2 forums there's a thread on intercoolers where a bunch of us have posted logged data.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:52 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
I use an elm327 adapter with harry's laptimer or solostorm for trackdays and solostorm for autocross