General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mixed emotions but it's time to move on

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Rich.Wolfson
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mixed emotions but it's time to move on

Everyone,

I have loved Artoo my 2003 R53 since the moment we met in October, 2002. Black on black it was a joy each time I took it for a ride. And over the years each time I thought it was time for a new car, when I got back into Artoo, I had second thoughts. Even when the Mini dealer lent me an F57 for the weekend, I knew nothing that Mini offered would be as good as the R53.

But at this point and with 180,000 miles, I think I found a great replacement and I picked up a 2014 M235i yesterday in pristine condition if not a bit overpriced. But it's perfect for me.

I am going to miss this community. I looked for a 2-Series board as I was cruising for information and could find nothing like NAM. Questions go unanswered and I could find no place that felt comfortable. And no place has the depth of knowledge that is here. There is no problem that anyone has that is not covered in detail with detail thrown on top of detail. And I have made many friends here too who I will miss. I pretty much have check this space every day now for over 13 years. What will I do with the time?

That said, Artoo is for sale. There are issues in that it's gonna need a short block as it burns about a quart of oil every 300 miles. But it still pulls strong with a relatively new head and supercharger. And there is some rust under the rear tail lights. The good news is it has all the good parts with a JCW strut brace, Koni's with a lifetime warranty, JCW exhaust, poly bushings, rear strut bar and other things. It would be a great platform if someone wanted to autocross an R53. If you are interested, send me a PM. And if we come to a reasonable deal, I have all sorts of new parts around. And a log book of every repair, every filter change and and every quart of oil since 2002.

Motor On.

///Rich