General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's about time

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Littleminicooper
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's about time

Hi all. This is my first post/thread. This community is great. I leaned a lot from here when purchasing my first mini. I got my girlfriend a 09 r56 justa in chili red. Really fun car to drive that I'm actually considering one myself. I'm coming from a Honda Civic 8th gen. So I've been in search on my local classifieds. I noticed that a lot of r50 and pre face lift r53 and r56s are selling for so cheap and I can't help but think how these cars scream for a Honda engine swap. I know the n14 engines are fragile reading from this forum and I really think it's time to save these r53 and r56s bodies by someone making a kit to swap in a Honda motor for it. I searched far and wide all over the Internet if someone had done the swap and nothing. What do you guys think?

A mini body with a high revving motor.

Happy motoring everyone and happy Easter.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:11 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
If that is what you want, look into ZCars

https://www.zcars.org.uk/

But if you are dead set on doing an engine swap with a R53 and a VTech, the only thing that is stopping you is money.

Motor On!

Old 04-17-2017, 01:32 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Classic Minis are popular with the VTec swap. Not so much on the 2002+ MINIs. It will take some money and some fabrication but I guess anything is possible with enough money.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172