General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valet Parking

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 06:12 AM
Zazoh
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Valet Parking

So, I'm not gonna give my Mini to a valet ... would you?

Going to a wedding tonight where it is offered for free. I just could never imagine turning over a key to someone who doesn't know all there is to know. Am I being over-protective?

Old 03-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Dallas_MINI
1st Gear
I don't let family drive mine much less a stranger lol but to be fair I have a manual transmission so that's another reason as well.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:24 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
No way in he!!, not even my co-pilot, she has her own slush box R60. If you want a good laugh, put it in 1st and set the hand brake, my normal way of parking anyway, then watch the valet try to get it moving. After the idiot stalls it take him off the hook and go find a good brew pub. Also, they don't understand defensive parking. You will have the chance to be left with door dings as well.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:14 AM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Two words...."NO WAY!"

Old 03-13-2017, 01:23 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Originally Posted by 02fanatic
Two words...."NO WAY!"
I'm with you. Or tip the guy and park it right in front no valet needed.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 03-13-2017, 02:45 PM
minirab
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If he is under 30 he probably has never driven a three pedal car.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:26 PM
pizzaman09
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I valeted my e39 M5 once at the Renaissance center in Detroit, only place I have ever been with valet service. When I pulled in, there were 3 valets that made a B-line for my M5. I could barely get my luggage out of the car quick enough before they were off and away with my car. My two other sets of friends that brought pickup trucks waited 15 minutes for their vehicles to get parked. They pulled in ahead of me...

This year when I went up to Detroit and stayed at the Renaissance center, I parked the Mini myself. I decided it wasn't worth and extra $10 to have to wait a entire extra hour the next morning in queue to get my car back.

They were quite respectful of my M5 as far as I know, I watched them pull it right across the street to the parking deck.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:01 PM
Wanderlustsrt
2nd Gear
Absolutely but My mini is pretty old and has a few dings. For what its worth I valet all my cars when staying over night. When I wake up in the AM I call the valet and the car is always cool and ready to go out front. Odds are no one will do anything bad to the car and even if they do I have insurance. Lifes a bit to short to worry about improbable events.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:19 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
If it's a manual I would stay away.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-15-2017, 01:45 PM
morfeeis
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Wanderlustsrt
Absolutely but My mini is pretty old and has a few dings. For what its worth I valet all my cars when staying over night. When I wake up in the AM I call the valet and the car is always cool and ready to go out front. Odds are no one will do anything bad to the car and even if they do I have insurance. Lifes a bit to short to worry about improbable events.
THIS

We love the Mini but at the end of the day it's a car. i would much rather have it than many other cars and it would suck if something bad happened to it, but if it did i could just get another one.