General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dtc 2097

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 11:48 AM
spudeye
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dtc 2097

I've been trying to obliterate DTC 2097 based on info from the internet gurus with no good fortune for my 2005 mini hatchback. I've been a libertine with the money because I want the vehicle but money does not always pay for solution. But today I solved the problem in a most unexpected region based upon my readings.
Recently I generated a new DTC 0302, which is a misfire in #2 cylinder.
So I switched out sparkplugs getting rid of the NGK 4 prongers for the single prong NGK Iridium (the diamond tipped E3 are a waste of time) and found the misfire to reoccur although the mileage vastly improved, contrary to the NGK adverts.
After a few head scratches I decided to switch coil packs removing the Prenco and installing the original which was on the vehicle when it blew a head gasket and warped the head. Reasoning that it was not the sparkies nor the wires I decided to return the old for the new.
DTC 0302 disappeared; and DTC 2097 disappeared; and the obnoxious "Check Engine Light Soon, Stupid" went out.
The #2 sparkie circuit on the new Prenco coil pack was defective from the start!!!!!!!!!!!
But after all is said and done my mini is rockin' as I want it. Did the work myself, over and over until I got it right. Nothing wrong with the little hotshot that gives 49mph on the road, corners fine and can pass any vehicle I want to with a simple downshift.