General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's official, you have until the end of next week to order a R56.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by batdevice_
I just ordered a 2013 JCW hardtop last week. October build, Just got my production#. They said it was 1 of 3 JCW's being built for the last production of the R56. Cool!
congrats!!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Red jcw r56
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have a jcw hardtop on order too, I place the order 9/4/13 for a 2013 jcw r56

Old 09-18-2013, 08:37 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
My JCW must be one of the last 3...ordered 9/1/13. Ask MINI just keeps saying "Your vehicle is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date yet." It has kind of gotten me worried the past 2.5 weeks listening to that, but my MA has assured me that if they weren't making them anymore, then they wouldn't have been able to put the order down on the computer. Crossing my fingers..lol

Old 09-18-2013, 09:53 PM
batdevice_
3rd Gear
Hey that's cool! Could we be the last 3 JCW's ordered? That seems like a long shot.
But my MA did say I was 1 of the last 3 JCW's being made. Who knows.
They say I should have the car by end of November. Any ETA for you guys?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
I was told anywhere from 8-12 weeks so it will be around Nov 24th for me at 12 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 09-19-2013, 04:50 AM
jhull413
4th Gear
Interesting how the story has changed since this thread was first posted back on May 16 when we had until the end of the week to order an R56. Here we are in September and people are evidently still ordering them, at least through 9/4. I wonder when the MINI USA web site will start showing the F56 and the configurator changed.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:45 AM
linak
2nd Gear
My '13 JCW Hardtop must be one of the other two slated for build. I got my production number on Monday with my MA estimating an October delivery. He had to scramble to swap allocations with another dealer to get mine ordered. Once the allocations are gone - they're gone. I was on the fence about when to order (thinking maybe in the spring) when all the info started appearing about the changes. And I really wanted the center speedo which to me in part of the charm of having a MINI. So I'm one happy soon to be motorer knowing that I'll have my MINI . . . but I guess that statement applies to any MINI owner regardless of model, generation, etc.!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Daphnee
1st Gear
We ordered our JCW the last week of August. It is supposed to be produced in week 39 (next week), with a projected delivery of week 41. We have a VIN. We ordered through military sales, so it only needs to be delivered to Germany...shorter boat ride than to the USA. Can't wait, I am SO excited!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM
EHans
5th Gear
Originally Posted by linak
My '13 JCW Hardtop must be one of the other two slated for build. I got my production number on Monday with my MA estimating an October delivery. He had to scramble to swap allocations with another dealer to get mine ordered. Once the allocations are gone - they're gone. I was on the fence about when to order (thinking maybe in the spring) when all the info started appearing about the changes. And I really wanted the center speedo which to me in part of the charm of having a MINI. So I'm one happy soon to be motorer knowing that I'll have my MINI . . . but I guess that statement applies to any MINI owner regardless of model, generation, etc.!
So I guess the R56 will be 2013 for a while. I think all R60's for the last 2 months have been 2014's.

I figured they would roll them all to 2014 and call the F56 a 2014-and-a-half model.

I too jumped on my R60 quickly because I wanted the center speedo, but found out later that it wouldn't get the new dash for a few years. Still glad I did though. The 2014 doesn't allow rear bucket seats, which I also wanted.

As for the F56 JCW, I don't think that will be available for a few years will it?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:00 AM
linak
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by EHans
So I guess the R56 will be 2013 for a while. I think all R60's for the last 2 months have been 2014's.

I figured they would roll them all to 2014 and call the F56 a 2014-and-a-half model.

I too jumped on my R60 quickly because I wanted the center speedo, but found out later that it wouldn't get the new dash for a few years. Still glad I did though. The 2014 doesn't allow rear bucket seats, which I also wanted.

As for the F56 JCW, I don't think that will be available for a few years will it?
From what my MA told me all orders stop for the R56 by late October/November at the latest (I think before the official rollout of the new version). The JCW models will not change to the "f" generation until after the other 56 models are rolled out to see how they sell, etc. So the f56 JCW will not be around for at least a year or more. Who knows what the future will bring.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:42 AM
jhull413
4th Gear
From what my MA told me all orders stop for the R56 by late October/November at the latest (I think before the official rollout of the new version). The JCW models will not change to the "f" generation until after the other 56 models are rolled out to see how they sell, etc. So the f56 JCW will not be around for at least a year or more. Who knows what the future will bring.
If I read this correctly, The R56 JCW stops in October/November and the F56 JCW won't be available for a year or more so the won't be any JCW Hardtops at all for at least a year. Is that what you are saying?

Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
linak
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jhull413
If I read this correctly, The R56 JCW stops in October/November and the F56 JCW won't be available for a year or more so the won't be any JCW Hardtops at all for at least a year. Is that what you are saying?
If what my MA says is correct, yes. He said they'll begin production of the f56 Justas and S models first, testing the waters for acceptability/sales and may finally offer JCWs for order at the end of next year or later. I'm assuming he was honest and didn't tell me the info as a ploy to make a sale this year. If he was telling stories out of turn - that's okay by me. It made me finally order the car I've wanted for decades. Only time will tell.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:55 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one still waiting for a 2013 JCW HT as the support thread has gone quiet in the past couple weeks, and people started talking more about the 2014s already coming. Waiting for production I start already really sucks. lol

Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 PM
linak
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KilmerPT
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one still waiting for a 2013 JCW HT as the support thread has gone quiet in the past couple weeks, and people started talking more about the 2014s already coming. Waiting for production I start already really sucks. lol

Yes, I'm sitting on pins and needles (very uncomfortable) waiting for the tracking module to go to the next step (after all, how many times can you log on just to review your order?). By the way, nice color choice - I'm a bit partial to that combination myself! I noticed in an earlier post that your ETA is 8-12 wks. My guy estimated mid-October for mine. I'm wondering if living in NJ will actually be a benefit for me for once!

Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Yes, I'm sitting on pins and needles (very uncomfortable) waiting for the tracking module to go to the next step (after all, how many times can you log on just to review your order?). By the way, nice color choice - I'm a bit partial to that combination myself! I noticed in an earlier post that your ETA is 8-12 wks. My guy estimated mid-October for mine. I'm wondering if living in NJ will actually be a benefit for me for once!
I got my production number as I made my order almost 3 weeks ago, and it's been the same message from ASK MINI since my first call on 9/3, mine was supposed to be for production week 36, and still no update. So the no change in status is frustrating, but my MA said not to worry. I have no clue what the holdup is as my order is also supposed to be a priority 1 customer sold. I would think that production is expedited from reading that, but that is just my speculation. Hopefully, there is no additional delay on others' orders like mine.

I've played around with the website configurator countless times, and the truth is, there are at least 3 different color combos that I really like.

1) MB/CR: looks so awesome, mean, and sporty, but I hate how black picks up dirt so easily.
2) PW/CR: Probably what I consider the flashiest color combo you could make, but also white and red are the most common colors that attract CHP. lol
3) PW/B: I'm in love with the deep contrast, and it looks very classy IMO. Also, the look reminds me of one of the cars from Italian Job. Anybody, want to plan a gold robbery with me and retire early? lol

Last edited by KilmerPT; 09-19-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 AM
jhull413
4th Gear
If what my MA says is correct, yes. He said they'll begin production of the f56 Justas and S models first, testing the waters for acceptability/sales and may finally offer JCWs for order at the end of next year or later. I'm assuming he was honest and didn't tell me the info as a ploy to make a sale this year. If he was telling stories out of turn - that's okay by me. It made me finally order the car I've wanted for decades. Only time will tell.
My guess is that the delay for the JCW might have more to do with engine development rather than testing the waters. Like when the N18 first came out, the JCW stayed with the N14 for a while.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Red jcw r56
2nd Gear
I am also waiting on mind too I have a Production number, the dealer told me I should see my car at the end of October, it's a jcw hardtop 2013, lets see

Old 09-25-2013, 06:36 AM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Well, being persistent with ASK MINI finally paid off, and I learned this morning that my order is now in production. Estimated completion date is 10/3/13. Yay, my JCW isn't just a thought anymore; the party has begun at body in white. lol

Old 09-25-2013, 07:44 AM
detonator2
1st Gear
Well tell us about it.